Can't use keyboard to move to next or previous segment
Thread poster: NGK
NGK
NGK  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:50
Oct 30, 2004

Using WF 3.35 and Word 2002:

When I hit ALT+DOWN or ALT+UP, I'm supposed to move to the next or previous segment. Instead, nothing happens. I have to click the down arrow key on the WF menu to move to the next segment.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
delete normal.dot Oct 30, 2004

Norbert Gunther Kramer wrote:

Using WF 3.35 and Word 2002:

When I hit ALT+DOWN or ALT+UP, I'm supposed to move to the next or previous segment. Instead, nothing happens. I have to click the down arrow key on the WF menu to move to the next segment.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Hi Norbert,
It might be a problem of corrupted normal.dot
Try deleting it (with word closed) and reopen word. It will create a clean one.
If you have personalised macros in it, make a copy first so you can restore them to the fresh normal.dot one by one (in case any of the macros is causing the problem).

Does this help?
Grace.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't use keyboard to move to next or previous segment

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »