Marina Aleyeva  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:41
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 8, 2004

Hello there,

My ctrl+alt+right/left/down shortcuts to copy and insert placeables from the glossary won't work. I've tried most options listed in the Wordfast manual, i.e. reset all the Word keyboard shortcuts, checked the Setup, changed my toggle keyboard combination etc.... I have also disabled the virtual screen driver in Windows XP (at least the screen does not rotate anymore with ctrl+alt+right/left/down).

Please help!

Thanks,

Marina
... See more
Hello there,

My ctrl+alt+right/left/down shortcuts to copy and insert placeables from the glossary won't work. I've tried most options listed in the Wordfast manual, i.e. reset all the Word keyboard shortcuts, checked the Setup, changed my toggle keyboard combination etc.... I have also disabled the virtual screen driver in Windows XP (at least the screen does not rotate anymore with ctrl+alt+right/left/down).

Please help!

Thanks,

Marina

PS Alt+PgUp/Down (shrinking/expanding a segment) wont work either, In fact, no combination with Alt works except for Wordfast's basic "going to the next/previous segment" (Alt+Down/Up).( Please can anybody help me with this.

[Edited at 2004-11-08 09:35]
Collapse

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
try killing your normal.dot Nov 8, 2004

It sometimes gets corrupted and causes shortcut problems.
Well, it's not to make it dissapear completely until and unless you make sure that's the problem.

Close Word, search for your normal.dot file and rename it to normal.old (or whatever you like, as long as you change the extension).
Then start Word (it will create a new and fresh normal.dot).

Does this help?
Grace.

ps. it's important to give platform/Word and WF versions when y
... See more
It sometimes gets corrupted and causes shortcut problems.
Well, it's not to make it dissapear completely until and unless you make sure that's the problem.

Close Word, search for your normal.dot file and rename it to normal.old (or whatever you like, as long as you change the extension).
Then start Word (it will create a new and fresh normal.dot).

Does this help?
Grace.

ps. it's important to give platform/Word and WF versions when you ask for help.
Collapse

Marina Aleyeva
Israel
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
killing normal.dot doesn't help either :-(... Nov 8, 2004

Dear Graciela,

Thanks for your help. I have killed normal.dot, but the shortcuts won't work anyway...

Graciela Carlyle
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
which version of OS/Word/WF are you using? Nov 8, 2004

this would help, Marina

Regards,
Grace.

Marina Aleyeva
Israel
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows XP and WF v.422 Nov 8, 2004

It's Windows XP and WF v.422.

Thanks again for your help, Grace!

Graciela Carlyle
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
another try... Nov 8, 2004

Hi Marina,

Did WF ever asked you to save wordfast.dot? (and you answered yes??)

Try installing a fresh copy (download it again if necessary to make sure that the copy you install is not corrupted or has been modified in any way.
Also disable any ini files that you've been using so WF creates a new one.
Start Word and WF again and see if the shortcuts work now.

You can see a list of shortcuts in WF menu, go to the Setup tab and then Keys. Make s
... See more
Hi Marina,

Did WF ever asked you to save wordfast.dot? (and you answered yes??)

Try installing a fresh copy (download it again if necessary to make sure that the copy you install is not corrupted or has been modified in any way.
Also disable any ini files that you've been using so WF creates a new one.
Start Word and WF again and see if the shortcuts work now.

You can see a list of shortcuts in WF menu, go to the Setup tab and then Keys. Make sure they are all there.

I can recall some time ago I had some problem with one particular shortcut that kept getting modified for some reason (I still don't know why!!) There have been upgrades since then though.

If this doesn't solve the problem I'd suggest you post your problem in the WF yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast as there are people much more experienced that will be able to help.

Cheers,
Grace
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ctrl+alt+right/left/down shortcuts won't respond

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »