Mobile menu

wordfast for office 2003
Thread poster: DavidHardy
DavidHardy
Local time: 16:11
Portuguese to English
Nov 22, 2004

I apologise for one of those simple questions.. but I have been showing students how to use wordfast The technician has unfortunately reformatted everything and now put Windows Office 22003 as well as XP SP2 on the system.
I have redownloaded Wordfast 422t22
What is the directory Wordfast must be in for Office 2003.
And Plus Tools??

Thank you in advance. I am almost ashamed to ask this to the power users on Yahoo.....
David Hardisty
David.Hardisty@netcabo.pt

Direct link Reply with quote

xxx00000000
English to French
+ ...
Do as the manual says Nov 22, 2004

The Wordfast manual will tell you how to install it. When you do as instructed, Wordfast will place itself and all of its components exactly where they belong. Same thing with Plus Tools.

Best,
Esther

DavidHardy
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks but... Nov 22, 2004

Esther (and other readers),
1. Apologies again if I am taking time but...
2. to make sure I just downloaded and REread the installation part of the manual before posting this.
3. I am in a Catch-22 position. My technician has stated he cannot get Wordfast running because there is no reference to a directory for Office 2003 for manual installation, and the other information does not help him. He mentioned that directory paths are different in Office 2003. I have no experience of it so cannot say.
4. Does the reference to Windows XP apply to all versions up to now, including SP2.
5. Does this mean that from now on the Operating System is the only important application detail and overides Word 2000, Office 2003 or whatever. Perhaps the manual could specify that.
6. I would appreciate this confirmation.
Thanks again
David Hardisty

Esther Pfeffer wrote:

The Wordfast manual will tell you how to install it. When you do as instructed, Wordfast will place itself and all of its components exactly where they belong. Same thing with Plus Tools.

Best,
Esther

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:11
Member (2005)
German to Spanish
Put the Wordfast.dot Nov 22, 2004

..into C/Program/Microsoft office/office11/startup

Rgds

Toledo

xxx00000000
English to French
+ ...
Ditch the technician Nov 22, 2004

DavidHardy wrote:

3. I am in a Catch-22 position. My technician has stated he cannot get Wordfast running because there is no reference to a directory for Office 2003 for manual installation, and the other information does not help him. He mentioned that directory paths are different in Office 2003. I have no experience of it so cannot say.

I have just installed Wordfast in Office 2003 a few weeks ago and your technician seems to be making unnecessary complications. But that's what he earns a living at...

Best,
Esther

[Edited at 2004-11-22 23:03]

Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
and check the path in file locations Nov 22, 2004

Toledo wrote:
..into C/Program/Microsoft office/office11/startup
Toledo

& check in Word tools / options /file locations that the path for Startup is set to C/Program/Microsoft office/office11/startup

Regards,
Grace.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 18:11
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
paths differ slightly Nov 23, 2004

I had this fall three students, which were told how to install wordfast, non of them could do it. When I tried to show it to them (piece of cake) - well, I couldn't do it either, at least the automatic installation did not work.
I had to search the startup folder manually. Could be Word has its own startup folder separately from Office.
It should be along the line C:documents and Settings/User/Application Data/Microsoft/Word/...
Use the search-function

DavidHardy
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks to all Jan 1, 2005

Happy 2005 and sorry for late thanks. Following your help, Wordfast was installed.
David Hardisty

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

wordfast for office 2003

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs