Lisa Russell
Lisa Russell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:03
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 27, 2004

I had some difficulties during the translation, ie the program just closed on me a few times. I made corrections to the translation, and now in the supposedly finished document I have 2 or 3 segments that are gray or green (as when in the translation mode).

How do I get rid of the gray/green background color for these segments?

Leonardo Medina
Leonardo Medina
Brazil
Local time: 15:03
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Formatting Dec 27, 2004

LisaR wrote:

I had some difficulties during the translation, ie the program just closed on me a few times. I made corrections to the translation, and now in the supposedly finished document I have 2 or 3 segments that are gray or green (as when in the translation mode).

How do I get rid of the gray/green background color for these segments?

Hi Lisa,

It seem to me that it is just a matter of formatting. Select the segments with gray or green background, then click on the style drop-down menu, and finally on Normal. That should do the trick.

I hope this helps.

Leo

Bilingualduo
Bilingualduo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:03
English to Italian
+ ...
Segment still open? Dec 27, 2004

When you say "supposedly finished document", I presume you mean you've finished translating it (and not that you have cleaned it up? If this is so, it sounds as though some segments were left open during the crashes you mention.
Go back and open the segment with the coloured backgroud and open it to translate it again (ALT +down). Then end the WordFast translation session and re-index the TM. Do the same with the other coloured parts. This should solve the problem.
Good luck.
B
... See more
When you say "supposedly finished document", I presume you mean you've finished translating it (and not that you have cleaned it up? If this is so, it sounds as though some segments were left open during the crashes you mention.
Go back and open the segment with the coloured backgroud and open it to translate it again (ALT +down). Then end the WordFast translation session and re-index the TM. Do the same with the other coloured parts. This should solve the problem.
Good luck.
Bambi
Collapse

Kimmy
Kimmy
Local time: 04:03
Italian to English
+ ...
This happened to me too but Mar 3, 2005

Bilingualduo wrote:

Good luck.
Bambi

the segment was still blue/grey after Alt+down!

I did what leo suggested and it went back to normal!

Thanks

Kim

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't get rid of gray/ green background

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »