Letizia S.
Letizia S.
Italy
Local time: 09:20
French to Italian
+ ...
Jul 3, 2015

Hi!

I have a problem: this morning my WFA does not work on Firefox (the browser the WFA helpdesk suggested me to use instead of Chrome). Why?
It keeps on loading the page for minutes but in the end it does not succeed and the page remains the same with the message "loading..." shown.
I have already tried to work with Chrome and it loads the page correctly, but I know that this browser often blocks and does not save the target segment, which is annoying.
I tried wit
... See more
Hi!

I have a problem: this morning my WFA does not work on Firefox (the browser the WFA helpdesk suggested me to use instead of Chrome). Why?
It keeps on loading the page for minutes but in the end it does not succeed and the page remains the same with the message "loading..." shown.
I have already tried to work with Chrome and it loads the page correctly, but I know that this browser often blocks and does not save the target segment, which is annoying.
I tried with Internet Explorer too but a message appears:
"Your browser information:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
You have this warning because your browser is not fully supported or its version is old or not yet approved.
Recommended browsers are Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera version 15 and more.
But you can still try to work with other browsers. "

Thank you for you help,

Letizia
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:20
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
similar problem Jul 3, 2015

Hmm, I am having a similar problem. I have been trying to upload a PDF since yesterday (I want to test WFA's PDF converter), but just can't get it to work. Tried both Opera and Chrome.

I now keep getting the message: "An error occurred while attempting to contact the server. Please check your network connection and try again." ... and get logged out automatically. I haven’t actually been able to upload a single file yet.

Michael

[Edited at 2015-07-03 09:
... See more
Hmm, I am having a similar problem. I have been trying to upload a PDF since yesterday (I want to test WFA's PDF converter), but just can't get it to work. Tried both Opera and Chrome.

I now keep getting the message: "An error occurred while attempting to contact the server. Please check your network connection and try again." ... and get logged out automatically. I haven’t actually been able to upload a single file yet.

Michael

[Edited at 2015-07-03 09:59 GMT]
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:20
Finnish to French
Answer from the list Jul 3, 2015

This was posted to the WFA list (best place for getting support directly from the developers) a couple of hours ago:
It is running.
There is surely a cache problem with your browser.
It happens sometimes after version change.
click on the history, then remove history.

Select only the cache and process.

Andrea Bauer
Andrea Bauer  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to German
+ ...
Solved Jul 3, 2015

The request Dominique linked was done by me. I solved the problem by opening the WFA homepage through the link from Google research and not by opening it clicking on my bookmarked page of WFA.
There has been an update for FF this morning, maybe this caused the problem.

Letizia S.
Letizia S.
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works!!! Jul 3, 2015

It works again!
Thank you all

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:20
Finnish to French
Response time Jul 3, 2015

AndreaBauer wrote:
The request Dominique linked was done by me.

Your query was posted at 10:24 and you got a reply from WFA support at 10:36. Not bad for a free service

José J. Martínez
José J. Martínez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
WF Anywhere did work for me Jul 3, 2015

I think that since my computer gives maintenance to itself, the name and password are lost. I just put mine back in and voilá, it worked, and by the way, it is getting better as an OCR tool...

Marco Solinas
Marco Solinas  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
Italian to English
+ ...
WF Anywhere as OCR tool Jul 3, 2015

José: I did not know you could use WF Anywhere as an OCR tool. Can you tell me how to do that?

Thanks

[Edited at 2015-07-03 21:25 GMT]

Looi
Looi
Malaysia
WordFast Anywhere is not working Oct 2, 2015

Hi.

Wordfast anywhere is not working in many computers. It uploaded for a few seconds and reverted to the login page.
I have tried removing history and select only cache. It did not work.
I am a translation lecturer and I have also asked my students to create new accounts and try to log in, they too faced the same problem.
I hope you can help us.

Thanks.

Looi
Looi
Malaysia
Where to find the link through Google research Oct 8, 2015

Andrea Bauer wrote:

The request Dominique linked was done by me. I solved the problem by opening the WFA homepage through the link from Google research and not by opening it clicking on my bookmarked page of WFA.
There has been an update for FF this morning, maybe this caused the problem.

Dear Andrea,
May I know where is the link from Google research. Can you pls be more specific.

I have posted my problem about Wordfast Anywhere loaded for a while and reverted to the login page, but still no one has replied thus I am also looking at Andrea's post to look for other possible solutions.

Thanks

Letizia S.
Letizia S.
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
on Google Oct 9, 2015

It's easy:
you have to search the key word: "wordfast anywhere" on Google, (you will obtain a certain number of results) then click on the result with the adequate link ("www.freetm.com").
Sometimes the link is updated and you can't find it at the same page that you have in your bookmarks (for example)

I hope it's clear now: you only have to search the keywords on Google and open Wordfast page contained in Google results.

Bye

Looi
Looi
Malaysia
WordFast Anywhere is not working Oct 12, 2015

Thanks Letiza for your reply. That is the usual way that I access to Wordfast Anywhere, not through my own bookmark, but through Google search.

Well, I have been periodically using Wordfast Anywhere for 2 years now and have had no problem of accessing it, until now.

This time round, I am not sure the reason why, every time I log in, within a few seconds I will be logged out. The same is experienced by my new students, who have just registered as new Wordfast Anywhere us
... See more
Thanks Letiza for your reply. That is the usual way that I access to Wordfast Anywhere, not through my own bookmark, but through Google search.

Well, I have been periodically using Wordfast Anywhere for 2 years now and have had no problem of accessing it, until now.

This time round, I am not sure the reason why, every time I log in, within a few seconds I will be logged out. The same is experienced by my new students, who have just registered as new Wordfast Anywhere users.

I hope you can help.

Thank you in advance for your time.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordFast Anywhere not working this morning

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »