Thread poster: Natasha Stoyanova
Natasha Stoyanova
Natasha Stoyanova  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:19
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Feb 17, 2005

Hi all!

I am working on a quite big project and already have created TM. The first couple of days everything is OK with the translation , but yesterday, while working, I found that no corresponding matches have been shown in a target segment - only the boxes "For reference only". I do not change any settings, i.e. Link to TM is checked, etc.
What may be the cause for this?

Selin Fikirdanış
Selin Fikirdanış  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 10:19
Turkish to English
+ ...
Regarding Wordfast Feb 17, 2005

I know what you are talking about- same thing happens to me, too while I work on a big project. What I do might not be the professional solution, but it works. When Wordfast seems as if it is not responsing- just save and close everything up and re-open the word document and then Wordfast. It starts working... It's like rebooting the computer when it freezes up or starts acting up...
Hope this helps.
Selin

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:19
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Reorganise your TM Feb 17, 2005

Did you reorganise your TM to solve the problem?

Regards,
Gerard

Natasha Stoyanova
Natasha Stoyanova  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:19
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yesq but the problem still exists. Feb 17, 2005

Gerard de Noord wrote:

Did you reorganise your TM to solve the problem?

Regards,
Gerard

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:19
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Other solutions Feb 17, 2005

You could check your TUs in Wordfast's TM/Glossary editor. Do you see the TUs that won't give you matches? Do they look the same as other TUs?

Another way to check is selecting part of a source segment in your document and performing a Context search.

Regards,
Gerard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Target segment don't show matches

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »