Thread poster: Estefanía González

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 2, 2005

Hi everyone,

I have to translate a text that contains bookmarks.

I have read the manual, but I dont't know where to start.

Thanks in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:19
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Wordfast should take care of Bookmarks Mar 2, 2005

At the start Wf will (or should) ask you, if you want to keep the bookmarks or not. If you answer yes, Wf will mark the bookmarks and transfer them later into the source text during cleanup.
I have had one case though where Wf didn't prompt me to decide, and the bookmarks were lost.

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:19
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Let Wordfast tag them [red brackets] Mar 2, 2005

Wordfast will tag bookmarks automatically and will restore them at cleanup time. If you let Wordfast tag the bookmarks, you'll see red bracket that look like [ and [].

Heinrich has a good point. You have to make sure that those brackets (also) end op in the target segments. If Wordfast proposes a match, the bookmark brackets won't be part of the target segment. You'll have to copy and paste them (or treat them like a placeable). Check the box "Identical number of bookmarks in source/target segments" on the QC tab of Wordfast/Setup to make sure that you transfer all your bookmarks to the targets.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs