Populate an entire file with 100% matches?
Thread poster: Rutger Cornets de Groot
Rutger Cornets de Groot
Rutger Cornets de Groot  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:04
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 27, 2016

Hi,

In Wordfast Pro 3, I am proofreading 89 files in a folder that all have a lot of the same content. I am now going through each file segment by segment to leverage the updated TM. If possible, I would like to apply the TM to each file in one go. Is there a way to do that, please?

Thanks a lot!

Rutger

Szabolcs Király
Szabolcs Király  Identity Verified
Hungary
Portuguese to Hungarian
+ ...
analyze May 27, 2016

Hi Rutger,

Go to PM perspective > Analyze, drop there the files and select the checkbox Pretranslate [100%] Matches on the right.

Rutger Cornets de Groot
Rutger Cornets de Groot  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!! May 27, 2016

Hi Szabolcs,

You just saved me several hours of my time. Thanks!!

Best regards,

Rutger

Samuel Keating
Samuel Keating  Identity Verified
Iceland
Local time: 10:04
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
Then open TXML Sep 20, 2016

Just a reminder that after doing this you need to open the TXML in Wordfast. If you open the Word doc (for instance), the 100% matches won't appear.

Should be obvious, but it stumped me for a while, so mentioning it here in case it saves someone else a few minutes

[Edited at 2016-09-20 00:05 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Populate an entire file with 100% matches?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »