Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:19
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Mar 15, 2005

Since two weeks I'm using the new 5.0. The behaviour is more consistent, at least the document does not vanish anymore from sight when selecting a TM. But the Merge-button has gone, and from the manual I could not figure out how to merge a TM into the loaded one. Only a reference, that TMs can be merged in Word. Of course one can manually edit TMs and copy and past between them, but who controls if I do not merge uncompatible formats, e.g. unicode and non-unicode?
How do you merge in 5.0?
Regards
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:19
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Manually Mar 15, 2005

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
But the Merge-button has gone, and from the manual I could not figure out how to merge a TM into the loaded one.

You have to do it manually. You can either do it from withing a text editor or using the new Edit TM button (next to the F-button, where the Quick Clean button used to be.

Or, if you have to do many merges, you can install WF 4 (take note of the install numbers, in case WF decides to lose them), do the merges, and then reinstall WF5.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wf 5.0 and TM merging

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs