Thread poster: David Brown
David Brown
David Brown
United States
Local time: 12:27
German to English
+ ...
Mar 17, 2005

I just downloaded wordfast 5 and installed it on my mac with office xp. the installation seems to have worked just fine, and i can see the wordfast toolbars, but the green/blue icons described in the users manual don't appear. instead, generic macro symbols appear, which makes it hard to tell which button is which.

Any ideas how to fix this?

thanks!

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
What kind of installation is that? Mar 17, 2005

David Brown wrote:

I just downloaded wordfast 5 and installed it on my
***mac with office xp***.

Do you mean through Virtual PC?

David Brown
David Brown
United States
Local time: 12:27
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word X Mar 17, 2005

Oops. I meant Word X for mac. I don't have virtual pc

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
Wordfast.dot Mar 17, 2005

OK, I have exactly that installation and didn't encounter any problems.

It's very important to launch Word first, then open Wordfast.dot from within -- *not* by double-clicking Wordfast.dot.

If it's what you've done, you'll have to be a little more explicit about what you're seeing (the Wordfast toolbar without icons just doesn't summon any images in my mind).

Best,
Esther

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:27
German to English
Microsoft Office patch Mar 17, 2005

Hi David,

There's a security update for Office vX (10.1.6) and this icon problem should be resolved after it's been installed. The patch is available from the Microsoft download centre.

Good luck!

Deborah

tr. (X)
tr. (X)
Local time: 18:27
English to Italian
had that same problem with an older installation Mar 18, 2005

It happened to me too, with an older version of Wordfast and of Microsoft Office for Mac. It didn't occur again when I updated both applications.

Also, with the latest version of Wordfast, you can actually install by double-clicking on wordfast.dot, you'll get a window asking you to "Enable Macros", click on that button, then you get a Word document with a button to install Wordfast, click on that and a copy of wordfast.dot will be automatically placed in the Startup/Word folder ins
... See more
It happened to me too, with an older version of Wordfast and of Microsoft Office for Mac. It didn't occur again when I updated both applications.

Also, with the latest version of Wordfast, you can actually install by double-clicking on wordfast.dot, you'll get a window asking you to "Enable Macros", click on that button, then you get a Word document with a button to install Wordfast, click on that and a copy of wordfast.dot will be automatically placed in the Startup/Word folder inside the Office application folder.

(This with Wordfast 5 and Microsoft Office 2004, not X. But the icon problem was gone already in X, when using the latest updates for that version.)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast toolbar appears - but not icons

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »