ojala_inshallah
ojala_inshallah
United States
Local time: 11:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 17, 2017

Hello fellow translators and members of the ProZ community:

I work at an agency that uses WordFast, and I have been having some difficulty connecting to the TM. Our technician told me that I need to change the location (which can be accessed by clicking the Translation Memory tab at the top of the screen, then New/Select TM; then, after the Preferences box pops up, clicking on TM List on the left-hand side of the Preferences box, and Location is under TM Properties).

Do
... See more
Hello fellow translators and members of the ProZ community:

I work at an agency that uses WordFast, and I have been having some difficulty connecting to the TM. Our technician told me that I need to change the location (which can be accessed by clicking the Translation Memory tab at the top of the screen, then New/Select TM; then, after the Preferences box pops up, clicking on TM List on the left-hand side of the Preferences box, and Location is under TM Properties).

Does anyone know how to alter the location?

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:55
German to English
+ ...
Which Wordfast? Feb 17, 2017

I don't know the answer to this, but I think you could provide more help by specifying which Wordfast you are referring to: Wordfast Classic, Wordfast Professional or Wordfast Anywhere ?

(Classic is a giant macro that runs within Microsoft Word (it's the Wordfast that I use); Professional is a stand-alone program; WF Anywhere is "in the cloud" and accessed via the browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.) on your computer. "Connecting to the TM" suggests it is probably WF Anywhere.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble connecting to TM

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »