Mobile menu

Are wordfast and dragon naturallyspeaking compatible?
Thread poster: Ben Curtis
Ben Curtis
Spanish to English
Apr 19, 2005

I can`t seem to make the two work correctly together. It seems that the cursor always jumps to the top of the document and prints text there when using DNS in wordfast boxes. You then have to click in the target box again and start over. Has anyone any experience of/solution for this? I think using the two together could help my aching fingers!

Direct link Reply with quote

xxx00000000
English to French
+ ...
Apparently not with Wordfast 5 Apr 20, 2005

Hi there --

I have Wordfast 5 with Office 2003 and Dragon 8. I experience exactly the same thing you describe.

There's an outside chance it could work better with WF 4.22. Major changes have occurred between the two versions.

Good luck with your sore hands.

Esther

Kieran McCann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:38
German to English
Any progress? Apr 12, 2006

Ben Curtis wrote:

I can`t seem to make the two work correctly together. It seems that the cursor always jumps to the top of the document and prints text there when using DNS in wordfast boxes. You then have to click in the target box again and start over. Has anyone any experience of/solution for this? I think using the two together could help my aching fingers!

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have exactly the same problem with an earlier version of Wordfast so it seems to be all versions.

Someone has made this suggestion:

'For those of my fellow translators using it in combination with the Translation Memory Tool "Wordfast", please note that the cursor then has an irritating habit of jumping to the top of the document. This can be corrected simply by doing a bogus search! Problem solved.'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/customer-reviews/B00066KW5Q/026-3313492-1175648?s=software

But it didn't work for me...

Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:38
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Any solution...? Jul 4, 2006

I have the same problem and have been completely unable to find a solution. I have also applied the following change with no effect:

Jumping Cursor
Option #1
The following steps will force Dragon NaturallySpeaking to use Natural Text rather than the default EditControl
1. Close out of Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
2. Double Click C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ScanSoft\NaturallySpeaking8\NSSystem.ini
3. Under the [Settings] section, add a new line and enter in the following string exactly as it appears:
Edit Control If Probable=0
4. Save and close the file. 5. Launch Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:38
English to Czech
Speach Recognition Group Jul 5, 2006

Jaime Oriard wrote:

5. Launch Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Try find a solution or help here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SR_for_translators/

Last topic is named "Any news on DNS 8.0 + WordFast problem? "

Milan
www.condak.net

Pablo Grosschmid  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Problem solved by Yves Jul 13, 2006

Had the same problem.

Last WF version issued yesterday does not jump.
Thank you, Yves

Still minor thing, new segment does not start with capital letter

Happy DNS8+WF !

pablo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are wordfast and dragon naturallyspeaking compatible?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs