Mobile menu

Problem with Pandoras Box. WF crashes.
Thread poster: Tanja Kaether
Tanja Kaether
Local time: 15:40
English to German
+ ...
May 10, 2005

I'm using Wordfast 5zf on Office 97 + Crossover Office + Suse Linux 9.2. Most WF features work just fine, but every time I try to enable the Pandoras Box, WF crashes and I have to restart Word. I have no clue whatsoever. Please, is there anyone out there who can help me enter the wonderful world of PB?! Thanks in advance.
Tanja

Direct link Reply with quote

Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
I've no idea but... May 10, 2005

Hi Tanja,
Tanja Funke wrote:
Office 97 + Crossover Office + Suse Linux 9.2

As your system is not the standard Windows/MS Office, there might be some incompatibility issue that the common user won't be aware of.
I would suggest you to post your problem in the yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/ .

Good luck!
Grace.

Robert Tucker
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:40
German to English
+ ...
Linuxfortranslators May 10, 2005

Graciela Carlyle wrote:

I would suggest you to post your problem in the yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/ .

Also suggest:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linuxfortranslators/

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Try editing the ini file directly May 11, 2005

Tanja Funke wrote:
I'm using Wordfast 5zf on Office 97 + Crossover Office + Suse Linux 9.2. ... Please, is there anyone out there who can help me enter the wonderful world of PB?!

I also answered in the L4T forum, but for the benefit of Proz readers, one suggestion is to attempt to edit the wordfast.ini file directly. I would love to hear if this solution actually works.

Tanja Kaether
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I tried and failed May 12, 2005

Hi Samuel: I tried to edit the wordfast.ini file directly, but unfortunately it did not like that. It probably couldn't recognize it. When I started WF again, it could not read the ini and asked me to define TM etc. again.
So, for the time being, I switched back to Windows and hate it. But despite my dislike for Microsoft WF works like a charm.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Pandoras Box. WF crashes.

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs