Problem with Context Search
Thread poster: Eva Blanar

Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 10:03
English to Hungarian
+ ...
May 15, 2005

I work with an old WordFast (3.35x), with no problems until now, but suddenly, "context search" became a problem:
each time I look up contexts, the file to be translated jumps back to the very beginning - the TU remains open, but this is a huge document (80,000+ words, 500 pages).
I tried different settings, no change. Could it be just the size of the file or the format? (It is a quite complicated one.) Any help would be highly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Try Alt+Home May 16, 2005

Eva Blanar wrote:
Each time I look up contexts, the file to be translated jumps back to the very beginning.

I have no solution to your problem, but does Alt+Home allow you to jump to the current TU, as it does in recent versions of Wordfast?

Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A temporary solution May 16, 2005

For the time being, I use the following trick: I do not close the "contexts..." window, I just go back to the basic document and I close the contexts' window only afterwards.
Thanks, Samuel, the Alt + Home seems to work (or I can search for one of the expressions / jump to the page, whatever), but it is absolutely killing anyway.
If I can find some better solution, I'll let you know

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Context Search

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs