Not very helpful error message
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:36
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jun 23, 2005

I converted a TM from Trados for Wf. Now when I reorganize the TM in Wf (5.0), I get a message: 5 TU found with language code longer than 5 characters. Search for DE-DE in order to locate the first bad TU.

But when I look at the TM in an editor, all looks fine, there is no unit that looks strange. And the TM works alright.
I thinik at least the message should tell the number of the unit instead of this cryptic text.

Any experience?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:36
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Excel Jun 23, 2005

I have experienced this as well, and I opened the TM in Excel. Doing this helped a lot to spot the error, and it was then quite easy to fix.

Good luck.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not very helpful error message

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs