Mobile menu

Wordfast and FrameMaker - are bilingual files possible?
Thread poster: Sonja Tomaskovic
Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:34
English to German
+ ...
Jul 29, 2005

A client asked me if I can provide them with a bilingual rtf file (source FrameMaker).

I know that I can tag Framemaker MIF files with Tortoise tagger (though I have never done it before). But, to my understanding, I have to clean the file after the translation and thus cannot provide my client with the necessary uncleaned file.

Is this correct?

Any help appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:34
English to Polish
I guess that means Trados S-Tagger Jul 31, 2005

I guess that "bilingual RTF files" means "bilingual S-Tagged RTF files". Somebody has to convert the MIF files to RTF files with Trados S-Tagger.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast and FrameMaker - are bilingual files possible?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs