Parpalhol
Parpalhol  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:58
English to French
+ ...
Jul 31, 2005

Hello,

I try to help a colleague who has just downloaded Wf 5. He has copied and pasted wordfast.dot right into the Word Start Up folder.

When he opens Word, he now has the following message: "erreur d'exécution "6068 - l'accès programmatique à Visuel Basic Project n'est pas approuvé".

We have tried and changed security parameters in the Tools menu, we have also tried to use different versions of wordfast, but it has not helped.

What can we
... See more
Hello,

I try to help a colleague who has just downloaded Wf 5. He has copied and pasted wordfast.dot right into the Word Start Up folder.

When he opens Word, he now has the following message: "erreur d'exécution "6068 - l'accès programmatique à Visuel Basic Project n'est pas approuvé".

We have tried and changed security parameters in the Tools menu, we have also tried to use different versions of wordfast, but it has not helped.

What can we do?

Jean-Michel
Collapse

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Regular procedure? Jul 31, 2005

Dear Jean Michel,

Have you tried to use the regular install procedure described in the manual? You don't need to copy the file in a specific folder.

Good luck,
Dan

Parpalhol
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have tried... Jul 31, 2005

... automatic and manual procedure, but we have always got the same message

Jean-Michel

Marek Buchtel
Marek Buchtel  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
regular installation necessary Jul 31, 2005

Dan Marasescu wrote:

Dear Jean Michel,

Have you tried to use the regular install procedure described in the manual? You don't need to copy the file in a specific folder.

Good luck,
Dan

Well, in fact you MUST NOT copy wordfast.dot into the startup folder before installing it using the regular procedure.
If you do, you probably get an error message...
So just move the file (wordfast.dot) anywhere else and follow the regular procedure...

Regards

Marek

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Try changing security setings in Word Jul 31, 2005

Jean Michel Levain wrote:

You installed Wordfast correctly, or so it seems. You just need to change one small setting in Word.

Try going to Tools > Macros > Security in MS Word. Choose the "Trusted sources" pane and check the checkbox on the bottom of the pane (something like "trust all VBA projects").

If my description is unclear, try having a look in the WfReadMe.txt file (zipped with wordfast.dot in the same archive), which describes this step as well.

Parpalhol
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks to all of you! Jul 31, 2005

Hi again,

at least, we have successfully installed version 4.22 but I cannot say why it has worked!

Many thanks to all of you for your help.
Next time, I will certainly use the automatic installation

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel

Momoka (X)
Momoka (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:58
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Yahoo! Groups: wordfast Aug 1, 2005

Some other people seem to have found the same problem with "Error 6068". You can take a look at this site:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/

You'll find a lot of information there, though I can see you've already solved the problem. Good luck!

[Edited at 2005-08-01 05:59]

Stefanie Neubert
Stefanie Neubert  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to German
+ ...
same problem Sep 27, 2005

Hi there everybody!!

I am trying for days now to solve exactly the same problem on my new pc... I have installed Wordfast a thousand times before, always without problems. I will check out the yahoo-group now, but if somebody knows an explanation - I would be really happy!!! Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2005-09-28 01:51]

Stefanie Neubert
Stefanie Neubert  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to German
+ ...
old version Sep 28, 2005

Okay, the problem is "solved". Not exactly in the way I wanted to but at least it is working now with an older Wordfast version.

It seems that the problem accures because of the Service Pack 2 for the Microsoft-OS XP. That is what I found out by talking to several friends who have to use other applications for professional reasons too.
They found themselves actually deinstalling the newst XP version, installing the needed software to later reinstall the newest XP version agai
... See more
Okay, the problem is "solved". Not exactly in the way I wanted to but at least it is working now with an older Wordfast version.

It seems that the problem accures because of the Service Pack 2 for the Microsoft-OS XP. That is what I found out by talking to several friends who have to use other applications for professional reasons too.
They found themselves actually deinstalling the newst XP version, installing the needed software to later reinstall the newest XP version again. That might be (even though somewhat complicated) a solution for everybody else having the same problem. Or using an old version....(
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast not running after installation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »