WF 5.1m7 - What are these functions?
Thread poster: Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:49
German to English
Sep 23, 2005

I'm trying to create an overview for myself of all the buttons, menus and key combinations in Wordfast and what they do, to hang up next to the computer. I've looked (and searched) through the manual, but some functions are not mentioned in it by the names in the drop-down menus, and simply trying them out hasn't got me anywhere. Could anyone tell me what they are, very simply, or point me to a place which already has this kind of list? Or a Wordfast manual with an *index*?

The myst
... See more
I'm trying to create an overview for myself of all the buttons, menus and key combinations in Wordfast and what they do, to hang up next to the computer. I've looked (and searched) through the manual, but some functions are not mentioned in it by the names in the drop-down menus, and simply trying them out hasn't got me anywhere. Could anyone tell me what they are, very simply, or point me to a place which already has this kind of list? Or a Wordfast manual with an *index*?

The mystery functions are:
MTMode Ctrl+Alt+A
EditTerm Ctrl+Alt+Enter
SeeTerm Ctrl+Alt+Up
BackColor Ctrl+Alt+B (changes the colours, but why, how?)
Collapse

Pablo Mayen
Pablo Mayen  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
I'm getting started too... Sep 23, 2005

Hi Anne,

I'm not sure of the other functions you mention, but I do know that backcolor (Ctrl+Alt+B) pressed simultaneously blackens the segment to show the fonts that do not stand out against a white background (i.e. yellow and lighter colors). I found that very useful while working on PowerPoint.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Pablo

Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:49
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Pablo Sep 23, 2005

So that's what it's for!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF 5.1m7 - What are these functions?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »