Mobile menu

use 95%-100% match to translate
Thread poster: xxxrlogioia
xxxrlogioia
English to Italian
Sep 29, 2005

Does anybody know if it's possible to translate a document using only the translation units already accumulated that have a certain match (es. 95-100%), and leave the rest of the sentences empty?

I tried fuzzy threshold, and turning off terminology recognition but it's not working

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 08:10
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Solution Sep 29, 2005

I don't think you can do it automatically. You could insert a space in the segments you want to leave empty, but frankly, I don't see why you would want to do that.

Good luck,
Dan

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:10
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Tools/Translate with Fuzzy threshold=95 Sep 29, 2005

What went wrong when you applied Tools/Translate with Fuzzy threshold=95? Did you disable Pandora's box too?

Regards,
Gerard

xxxrlogioia
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
got it Sep 30, 2005

So if you use the fuzzy threshold 95% then enable the command in Pandora's box called NoSubFuzzy i get only the 95-100% match from my TM or whatever other match i need.

it's just for pre-work, the lower matches usually don't help much anyway and for single words i can use glossary.

thanks for your replies

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

use 95%-100% match to translate

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs