Mobile menu

use 95%-100% match to translate
Thread poster: xxxrlogioia
English to Italian
Sep 29, 2005

Does anybody know if it's possible to translate a document using only the translation units already accumulated that have a certain match (es. 95-100%), and leave the rest of the sentences empty?

I tried fuzzy threshold, and turning off terminology recognition but it's not working

Direct link Reply with quote

Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:33
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Solution Sep 29, 2005

I don't think you can do it automatically. You could insert a space in the segments you want to leave empty, but frankly, I don't see why you would want to do that.

Good luck,

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:33
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Tools/Translate with Fuzzy threshold=95 Sep 29, 2005

What went wrong when you applied Tools/Translate with Fuzzy threshold=95? Did you disable Pandora's box too?

English to Italian
got it Sep 30, 2005

So if you use the fuzzy threshold 95% then enable the command in Pandora's box called NoSubFuzzy i get only the 95-100% match from my TM or whatever other match i need.

it's just for pre-work, the lower matches usually don't help much anyway and for single words i can use glossary.

thanks for your replies

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

use 95%-100% match to translate

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs