Thread poster: Katrin Lueke

Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:24
Member (2006)
English to German
Jan 27, 2006

Hello everybody,

I am translating a Word document with contains a lot of pictures, photos, graphics and tables. When I start Wordfast and begin to work with it, all of them are gone! There are only the empty frames left. Does anybody have an idea?
I'm using Wordfast Version 5.0s and MS-Office 2000 Pro.
Thank you very much!

Direct link Reply with quote

Wouter van Kampen
Thailand
Local time: 18:24
Danish to Dutch
+ ...
Tools>Options:View Jan 27, 2006

In Word97 menubar

Tools>Options select the View tab and tick the checkbox Show: Pictures

I had this problem too when I started working with Wordfast. I guess wordfast.dot installation changes the original settings.

HTH

Katrin Lueke wrote:

Hello everybody,

I am translating a Word document with contains a lot of pictures, photos, graphics and tables. When I start Wordfast and begin to work with it, all of them are gone! There are only the empty frames left. Does anybody have an idea?
I'm using Wordfast Version 5.0s and MS-Office 2000 Pro.
Thank you very much!

Valentin Alupoaie  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 14:24
English to Romanian
+ ...
Drawings Jan 27, 2006

Hello, Katrin. You might want to check if the Drawings checkbox is ticked. It's in Tools>Options>View>Print and Web Layout options section (Word 2000). Hope it works.

[Edited at 2006-01-27 08:27]

Germany
Member (2006)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, doesn't work Jan 27, 2006

Dear titi@home, dear Valentin, thank you very much for this suggestion. I just tried it, but unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem.
I should have mentioned before that I am working with documents of this kind (an ongoing project) for quite a while now and never had this problem before. The previous documents contained pictures, too, but I could always see them. When I started working on this document, I was informed by Wordfast "This document contains bookmarks", but this has been the case with the previous documents also.
I just had a close look at the document, with which I'm having the problem, and saw that of the eleven photos and drawings three are shown and eight aren't...

Fred Neild  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Increasing speed Jan 27, 2006

Hello Katrin,

This is something Wordfast does automatically to increase speed. I am not saying this is good or bad, but I have got used to it. There are two types of images, the pictures, I have never been able to display them again, and drawings, which can be displayed again following the instructions given by our colleague through the tools menu etc...

Fred

Germany
Member (2006)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
the file is very large Jan 27, 2006

Hello Fred,

that's interesting. The document is very large (4 MB), so it is indeed possible, that it would take Wordfast too much time to show all the pictures.

Thank you very much for pointing that out to me. I was afraid I had wrecked the file somehow, and am very relieved now.

Regards,
Katrin

Parpalhol  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
View > Page (Print) OR View > Normal Jan 27, 2006

Wordfast includes a setting to modify the View mode of Word (WF menu: Setup > View > Use 'normal' view) when working with WF.

You can modify this setting in WF or within Word (View > Print), if you just want to chek where you are within a a page.

Hope it will help.

Good luck,
Jean-Michel

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:24
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You should see everything after cleanup Jan 27, 2006

or let's hope so!
Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After starting Wordfast all the pictures are gone

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs