can't select Wf TM after updating to v 5.17v2
Thread poster: ladelsastre
ladelsastre
ladelsastre
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 30, 2006

Hi,

I've recently updated my Wordfast to the latest version, and I can't seem to change to a different memory in the Translation memory>TM tab - the memory I was working with when I made the update keeps appearing as the selected one.

Is there anything I should have done at the time of the update?

Thanks a lot,

Laura

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:07
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Discard your INI file Jan 30, 2006

ladelsastre wrote:

Hi,

I've recently updated my Wordfast to the latest version, and I can't seem to change to a different memory in the Translation memory>TM tab - the memory I was working with when I made the update keeps appearing as the selected one.

Is there anything I should have done at the time of the update?

Thanks a lot,

Laura

Hi Laura,

You could delete your INI file (in the Startup folder) but you'd have to make new settings. Normally, recplacing wordfast.dot with a new version is all it takes to upgrade.

Regards,
Gerard

ladelsastre
ladelsastre
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Gerard, I'll try it Jan 30, 2006

Veel dank Gerard!

For now I seem to have "cheated" worfast into selecting the TM I wanted, so I won't touch anything for a few days while I finish a large project I'm working on. But as soon as I can I will try your tip, it makes a lot of sense since I think I've messed up the .ini files a lot (I felt there was a connection somewhere, even if I am not sure what it is).

So I'll let you know when I try it.

Regards,

Laura

ladelsastre
ladelsastre
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
still misbehaving... Feb 8, 2006

Hi everyone,

It seems like I still need your help!

I finally ended my project and tried deleting the .ini files as Gerard had suggested. The only file now is wordfast.ini which is set to default values, but Wf won't let me open any of my existent TMs in both the old and the new Wf version - I can create a new one, but then that's the only one that will be selected.

Thanks and any suggestions welcome!

Laura

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

can't select Wf TM after updating to v 5.17v2

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »