How do I export old TMs into a new system?
Thread poster: Nikeeta Kulkarni
Nikeeta Kulkarni
Nikeeta Kulkarni  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 25, 2006

Hello!
Mine's quite a silly problem but problem nonetheless. . . To date, I've been using the trial version of Wordfast 5.0 and now I've quite a considerable collection of TMs and glossary in it.
The problem that I'm about to face is that I'll be getting a new notebook sometime next month and would want to know if it would be possible to export the TMs from the old Nb. to the new one. . .
And ofcourse, as soon as my new laptop starts functionning, the first thing to be done i
... See more
Hello!
Mine's quite a silly problem but problem nonetheless. . . To date, I've been using the trial version of Wordfast 5.0 and now I've quite a considerable collection of TMs and glossary in it.
The problem that I'm about to face is that I'll be getting a new notebook sometime next month and would want to know if it would be possible to export the TMs from the old Nb. to the new one. . .
And ofcourse, as soon as my new laptop starts functionning, the first thing to be done is getting Wordfast registered. . Can anyone please help me? ?
There's quite a bit at risk here(

Thnx in advance!
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:52
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Just copy them on media or send them by email to yourself Feb 25, 2006

With Wordfast TMs its enough to copy the .txt-files to a memory stick or CD-ROM or put them all in a zip-folder and send them to yourself, where you can recieve them in the new machine.
The same is true for all files

Oh yes, log in to the wordfast site and request a new code for the new machine, you are entitled to four register keys for one license.

[Edited at 2006-02-25 07:50]

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 11:52
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Copy Feb 25, 2006

Yes, just copy the .txt file and open it from the new location after you register. The good thing about WF is that it is not necessary to copy the .Itx and .bak files as well. They will be recreated in the new folder as soon as you open the TM for the first time. You might want to reorganise the TM as well before you use it on the new system.

Enjoy your notebook!
Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I export old TMs into a new system?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »