what is the difference in license bought at Wordfast VS the 3 year license bought through Proz.com?
Thread poster: PaulinaRich

PaulinaRich  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 29, 2006

I am reading about the license from the WordFast home page and I don't understand why would I want to buy a license for 3 years through Proz.com, if I buy a regular license directly through WordFast I can use it as long as I don't change hardware or computers? What am I missing?

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Antje Harder  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 18:58
Swedish to German
+ ...
three year license Mar 29, 2006

Hi Paulina,

I am reading about the license from the WordFast home page and I don't understand why would I want to buy a license for 3 years through Proz.com, if I buy a regular license directly through WordFast I can use it as long as I don't change hardware or computers? What am I missing?


The "3 yr"-license surely is identical with the "regular license" for purchases at wordfast.net. Even there you find these conditions in the license agreement:

------------------------------------------------------------
All licenses include, from date of purchase:

1. email support (e-hotline) for one year;

2. free upgrades to newer versions of Wordfast for three years;

3. a right to re-license Wordfast for three years.
------------------------------------------------------------

I.e. you can keep on working with your Wordfast-version as long as you want, even longer than three years, provided you don't have to install it from scratch or change computers.

As a matter of fact my license will be three years old in several months... hopefully I won't have to replace my computer any time soon.

Regards from Sweden
Antje


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Marek Buchtel  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:58
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Renewal at half price Mar 29, 2006

Antje Harder wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------
All licenses include, from date of purchase:

1. email support (e-hotline) for one year;

2. free upgrades to newer versions of Wordfast for three years;

3. a right to re-license Wordfast for three years.
------------------------------------------------------------

I.e. you can keep on working with your Wordfast-version as long as you want, even longer than three years, provided you don't have to install it from scratch or change computers.



Well, in fact, it's even better:

1. If you join the Yahoo group : wordfast@yahoogroups.com, you get INSTANT e-mail support all the time. Sometime even faster than the one from Wordfast staff. In fact, the same people contribute to the yahoo group...

2. You can always upgrade, beacuse the download of new versions is available to everyone, and the licence number you have (the old one) works in all new versions (or has worked so far....)

Antje Harder wrote:
As a matter of fact my license will be three years old in several months... hopefully I won't have to replace my computer any time soon.


3. Yep, you cannot relicense.... However, if you purchased a licence before, you can buy a "renewal" for three more years at 50% of the "new licence" price (i.e. 45 - 90 EUR, depending on where you live)

So, it's not that bad...


Regards

Marek


[Edited at 2006-03-29 20:48]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

PaulinaRich  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
so do I buy it from wordfast at a cheaper price? Apr 1, 2006

If I can get all of those benefits from buying it directly from wordfast, what is the deal then that Proz is getting? It is a more expensive license for "three years" (from Proz) as opposed of buying it from wordfast. SOrry but I don't see why I would want to get it from Proz then.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Marek Buchtel  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:58
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Choose from two benefits Apr 6, 2006

PaulinaRich wrote:

If I can get all of those benefits from buying it directly from wordfast, what is the deal then that Proz is getting? It is a more expensive license for "three years" (from Proz) as opposed of buying it from wordfast. SOrry but I don't see why I would want to get it from Proz then.


As far as I understand, you can choose one of the two benefits:

a) you pay 180 EUR and get 3 months plastinum membership for free

b) you are already a platinum meber and you pay only 159 EUR

see http://www.proz.com/wordfast?sp=wordfast/index&wordfast_show_mode=purchase


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what is the difference in license bought at Wordfast VS the 3 year license bought through Proz.com?

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs