Mobile menu

Wordfast starts anywhere in the document?!
Thread poster: Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:42
Czech to German
+ ...
Apr 1, 2006

Hi all,

I have a similar problem like Valentin, but in my case wordfast starts at its own ease at any place within the document.
I just opened the second part of a project which came in two documents (MS Word). The translation of the first part was OK but now (with the same TM) I cannot start at the beginning, no matter what I do, even CTRL+ALT+DOWN does not work. It's always saying "Processing 0%", then I get that hour-glass for some time and afterwards it jumps to wherever it likes to.
I also tried to copy part of the my doc to a new one but Wordfast keeps on starting NOT at the beginning. Starting Word (or even a complete restart) anew does not help either, nor does a new TM. Could there be something wrong with this document?
Then I read that posting here about similar problems and downloaded 5.21b, but to no result. What else can I do??

Just checked: Strange enough, with another doc it's working fine!

Thanks in advance!

Charlotte

[Edited at 2006-04-01 18:05]

It's getting even worse now I decided to start at that point where wordfast wanted to start (leaving the beginning for later) and everything was fine but now it skips whole sentences - and this is a document with almost ten pages...

[Edited at 2006-04-01 18:28]

@ Roby: Thanks! Unfortunately this document is due tomorrow I went on translating, clenching my teeth, and encountered a new phenomenon: Now it keeps telling me that my "Selection does not qualify as a segment"...

[Edited at 2006-04-02 14:33]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxTranslation1
English to French
+ ...
Another version Apr 1, 2006

Hi,
Maybe you should ask your customer for a new version: the file might have some problems (not Wordfast)...
Roby

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast starts anywhere in the document?!

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs