Conrado Portugal
Conrado Portugal
Germany
Local time: 01:00
German to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 18, 2006

Hello, dear colleagues,

I have a couple of questions as for Wordfast 5.21. I hope some of you can help me:

I finally bought a licence for a project where the free version wasn't enough anymore. Now each time I look up for context for a word or sentence, Wordfast ends up showing me the context for this word in all my TMs. No problem when the word is very specific but a bit annoying when the word is more common. Why that?

Second question: I could usually see
... See more
Hello, dear colleagues,

I have a couple of questions as for Wordfast 5.21. I hope some of you can help me:

I finally bought a licence for a project where the free version wasn't enough anymore. Now each time I look up for context for a word or sentence, Wordfast ends up showing me the context for this word in all my TMs. No problem when the word is very specific but a bit annoying when the word is more common. Why that?

Second question: I could usually see the active glossary in the Word toolbar but now I can only see information about the TM I am using and that a glossary is active but no glossary lookup is possible

Third and last question: I have received a rather large PowerPoint document and been asked for a quote. I dont know how to get a character count (I do charge per line and for that I need to know all the characters contained) I have been through other threads but I didnt manage. Does somebody know how to it or with Wordfast or any other tool?

Thanks a lot for your help

Conrado
Collapse

Ruslan Datkayev
Ruslan Datkayev  Identity Verified
Kazakhstan
Local time: 05:00
English to Russian
+ ...
Counting Apr 18, 2006

Good day!

For word counting, there is a useful soft available at http://www.practiline.com/. It processes various formats, and allows to choose among counting by words, lines, or pages. Also, it is possible to create invoices using results of counting.

With respect,

Ruslan Datkayev

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:00
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Look through your settings Apr 18, 2006

Try to change your settings, seems you are using extra features. PPT-files are tricky, never tried it with Wf, but with SDLX its no problem.
Sorry I cannot give more precise advice.
Regards
Heinrich

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:00
English to Czech
You can limit your context search Apr 18, 2006

conrado portugal wrote:

Hello, dear colleagues,

Conrado

In Manual

a) /Pandorra Box/:

MaxContexts=X
Where X is a number. Limits the number of contexts found to X.

b) do not use search in sibling TMs or put your TM into separate folders

Milan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast: too many TMs and PP wordcount

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »