Carolyn Brice
Carolyn Brice  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:10
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
May 4, 2006

I have recently been experiencing some problems when using wordfast.

1) I have to go through the tools>templates and add-ins>wordfast drill everytime I start Word. Why is that?

2) When Wordfast is open, i.e. when I have caried out the above process, I cannot click anywhere in the text. The mouse is fine, as it works on everything else, but I cannot click in the text, or select any text using the mouse, and also the find and replace function is disbled.

3) W
... See more
I have recently been experiencing some problems when using wordfast.

1) I have to go through the tools>templates and add-ins>wordfast drill everytime I start Word. Why is that?

2) When Wordfast is open, i.e. when I have caried out the above process, I cannot click anywhere in the text. The mouse is fine, as it works on everything else, but I cannot click in the text, or select any text using the mouse, and also the find and replace function is disbled.

3) When using Outlook (where the wordfast toolbar is also visible), whenever I press backspace or delete it takes it as 'cancel' so comes up with the message 'do you want to save any changes'.

I have Office XP. Also something funny was happening with my templates a few days ago, I kept getting messages asking me if I wanted to save changes to the template. I said no.

Can anyone help?

Ok, I just saw another topic on the OUltook thing, so cancel that.

[Edited at 2006-05-04 09:28]
Collapse

Russell Gillis
Russell Gillis  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:10
Spanish to English
Cursor problem probably related to ABBYY software May 4, 2006

Hello Carolyn,

Are you still having the cursor problem with Word? I discovered on the Yahoo forum that this problem is linked to the ABBYY software. After I uninstalled it, problem solved! Whenever I need to use it I just reinstall it.

I imagine there is probably a way to disable ABBYY working in Word, but I haven't had time to find that out. So I basically just reinstall/uninstall the program when needed.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Russell

Carolyn Brice
Carolyn Brice  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:10
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, great! May 5, 2006

I uninstalled the ABBY pdf converter that I just recently acquired, and bingo! Cursor problem solved.

Yes, ABBYY need to work on this problem, because it is very annoying.

Thanks for you help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cursor problem

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »