Wordfast, 2 computers, new license and problems...
Thread poster: Yoanna
Yoanna
Yoanna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:07
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 3, 2006

OK, I have this problem - I used Wordfast 3.35 and today I decided to purchase the new Wordfast version from the website. I wrote down the license number after downloading, paid and then installed it on the computer. I work on my parents' computer now, since I am on vacation, but I wanted to put Wordfast eventually on my working computer [laptop] which has no connection to the Internet at the moment. So I just put the WF file on the memory stick, transferred it to my laptop and installed WF the ... See more
OK, I have this problem - I used Wordfast 3.35 and today I decided to purchase the new Wordfast version from the website. I wrote down the license number after downloading, paid and then installed it on the computer. I work on my parents' computer now, since I am on vacation, but I wanted to put Wordfast eventually on my working computer [laptop] which has no connection to the Internet at the moment. So I just put the WF file on the memory stick, transferred it to my laptop and installed WF the usual way, replacing my old one. It runs at Word startup and looks nice, except when I want access to the "F" window to open a TM, it says "Run-time error 6068: Programmatic Access to Visual Basic Project is not trusted".

My macros are set on low and everything seems to be fine. What's wrong?

Joanna
Collapse

Steven Sidore
Steven Sidore  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:07
German to English
What operating system and version of Word? Jul 4, 2006

I seem to recall running into to this once when using my father-in-law's computer while on a visit. You'll need to let us know the operating system and version of Word, but I think the issue was that I was logged into a non-administrator level account and it didn't have sufficient privileges to enable macros, even if it seemed to go through the motions.

Try logging in as an administrator and trying it that way. Just don't forget to reset the macro protections when you're done!
... See more
I seem to recall running into to this once when using my father-in-law's computer while on a visit. You'll need to let us know the operating system and version of Word, but I think the issue was that I was logged into a non-administrator level account and it didn't have sufficient privileges to enable macros, even if it seemed to go through the motions.

Try logging in as an administrator and trying it that way. Just don't forget to reset the macro protections when you're done!

Good luck!

Steven
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:07
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
One guess: virus protection Jul 4, 2006

Some virus protections do conflict with Wordfast. But I'm not sure. You might get better advice when posting your question at the wordfast group on Yahoo.
I had this problem when switching to Wf 5.1, so I went back to Wf 5.0.
Regards
Heinrich

[Bearbeitet am 2006-07-04 10:43]

Yoanna
Yoanna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:07
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got it! Jul 4, 2006

I eventually stumbled upon the solution by myself. Here is the link, in case anyone else has this problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q282830/

Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it!

[I have Windows XP]

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:07
English to Czech
Trust to project in VBA Jul 4, 2006

Yoanna wrote:

"Run-time error 6068: Programmatic Access to Visual Basic Project is not trusted".

My macros are set on low and everything seems to be fine. What's wrong?

Joanna

http://www.condak.net/lekce/duvera/en/00.html

on
http://www.condak.net/lekce/duvera/en/04.html

you have to trust to all project access in Viasual Basic for Application.

Milan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast, 2 computers, new license and problems...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »