https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/52418-visual_basic_errors_and_other_wordfast_probs.html

Visual Basic errors and other Wordfast probs
Thread poster: Daniel Bird
Daniel Bird
Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:56
German to English
Jul 31, 2006

Hi all
I have been a WF user for some time but today I have hit a problem.
When I enter the TM path, glossaries etc WF prompts me as usual to "save settings to ****ini" which I duly do.
I get back to my document for the session and none of the TM, glossaries etc have been memorised. I click on the "f" icon again, specify TM etc and save settings again - same problem. I just can't use the program.
I have now
1) reinstalled the template and the same thing keeps happen
... See more
Hi all
When I enter the TM path, glossaries etc WF prompts me as usual to "save settings to ****ini" which I duly do.
I get back to my document for the session and none of the TM, glossaries etc have been memorised. I click on the "f" icon again, specify TM etc and save settings again - same problem. I just can't use the program.
I have now
1) reinstalled the template and the same thing keeps happening
2) downloaded and installed the latest version 5.25 with same result EXCEPT when I click on "TM attributes" I now also get a warning telling me there's a Visual Basic error.
Does anyone recognise this situation please? It's a worry as I have deadlines to keep...
Any ideas most welcome
Thanks
Dan

[Edited at 2006-07-31 22:59]
Collapse

Ruslan Datkayev
Ruslan Datkayev  Identity Verified
Kazakhstan
Local time: 18:56
English to Russian
+ ...
WF macros enabled Aug 1, 2006

Good day dear Mr.Bird!

Please check if Wordfast macros is marked as trusted in Service-Parameters(Settings)-Security-Macros Security-Low level.

Please see Wordfast manual, Installation chapter:
"With versions of Ms-Word higher than Ms-Word 97, use Ms-Word’s Tools/Macros/Security dialog box, set security to "low". If you see a "Trusted sources" pane, check all options present in it. Then close Ms-Word and open it again before automatic installation can be done."<
... See more
Good day dear Mr.Bird!

Please check if Wordfast macros is marked as trusted in Service-Parameters(Settings)-Security-Macros Security-Low level.

Please see Wordfast manual, Installation chapter:
"With versions of Ms-Word higher than Ms-Word 97, use Ms-Word’s Tools/Macros/Security dialog box, set security to "low". If you see a "Trusted sources" pane, check all options present in it. Then close Ms-Word and open it again before automatic installation can be done."

With respect,

rbd
Collapse

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:56
English to Czech
Wordfast INI and CFG files Aug 1, 2006

Daniel Bird wrote:

Hi all

Hi Dan,

rename your "wordfast.cfg" (include your install and licence numbers) and "wordfast.ini".
Start Word, the new CFG shall be created. Control your Install# and again write your Licence#.
Save changes in "wordfast.ini" ? - Yes or OK.

Your individual INI save und new individual names. For listing and choose your optinon use "WfIniManager.dot" from Wordfast Group on Yahoo. See Files section.

Milan
www.condak.net

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
What does the run time error say? Aug 1, 2006

Your problem doesn't ring a bell to me, but I certainly had a couple of problems with WF so far, including run time errors that did not seem to make any sense to me.

However, retrospectively, after solving the problem, it always turned out that the run time error gave the clue to the problem, although I didn't realize that. Maybe you could tell us what kind of run time error occurs?

Sonja

Daniel Bird
Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:56
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks all Aug 1, 2006

I have cleared this up with the help of Wordfast online support - it seems there might be a problem with MS Word when it looks for files or templates in a hidden folder. The problem sprung up on me out of the blue so was disconcerting. The fix is similar to the one suggested by Milan except you use a whole fresh folder for the MS-Word startup. Whether it's a true long-term fix I'm not sure just yet but with deadlines on some highly repetitive texts looming, I shall wait until I have luxury time... See more
I have cleared this up with the help of Wordfast online support - it seems there might be a problem with MS Word when it looks for files or templates in a hidden folder. The problem sprung up on me out of the blue so was disconcerting. The fix is similar to the one suggested by Milan except you use a whole fresh folder for the MS-Word startup. Whether it's a true long-term fix I'm not sure just yet but with deadlines on some highly repetitive texts looming, I shall wait until I have luxury time to delve deeper.
It's a jungle out there so tread wary!
Regards
Dan
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Moved the topic... Aug 7, 2006

to Wordfast support.
This forum is specially dedicated to Wordfast.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visual Basic errors and other Wordfast probs

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »