Valeria Ricciardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:31
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 11, 2006

Dear colleagues,

I have a problem with my WordFast 5.0 TM.

I have re-installed the SW this morning since I had to reset my PC. I got a new licence number and everything seemed to work fine in the beginning.
I began translating and the SW managed the TM in the usual way, proposing the fuzzies and the 100% matches.

Then I restart the PC because I had a problem with my e-mail and from this time on WF stopped recognizing my TM. It doesn't look for fuzzie
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have a problem with my WordFast 5.0 TM.

I have re-installed the SW this morning since I had to reset my PC. I got a new licence number and everything seemed to work fine in the beginning.
I began translating and the SW managed the TM in the usual way, proposing the fuzzies and the 100% matches.

Then I restart the PC because I had a problem with my e-mail and from this time on WF stopped recognizing my TM. It doesn't look for fuzzies anymore (or at least it doesn't propose them...) and I'm starting an almost already translated text over again!

What could it be? The new licence? Or is it something not connected to it?

Thanks a lot for any idea!

Cheers

Valeria Ricciardi
[email protected]
Collapse

Alan Campbell
Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:31
Russian to English
Not the license Sep 11, 2006

I don't think it's a license issue. In my experience, when there is a license issue, I get the informative message that my TM was created with a licensed version and, as such, needs a licensed version to use -- or something like that!

You mention e-mail - are you using Outlook by any chance? I had WF problems that were related to Outlook 2003; namely, that the backspace key did not work in e-mails and other strange behaviour. That was remedied by changing the default editor in Outlo
... See more
I don't think it's a license issue. In my experience, when there is a license issue, I get the informative message that my TM was created with a licensed version and, as such, needs a licensed version to use -- or something like that!

You mention e-mail - are you using Outlook by any chance? I had WF problems that were related to Outlook 2003; namely, that the backspace key did not work in e-mails and other strange behaviour. That was remedied by changing the default editor in Outlook from Word to -- I forgot, but to 'not Word' (I don't have Outlook installed where I am right now).

You do have different symptoms from those I describe so in all likelihood I have been of very little help. It is worth ensuring that you have the correct TM connected to WF in the settings, if you have not done so already. It may also be as simple as reorganising the TM. Or it could be that the TM has become corrupt (headers get chewed -- I've had it happen a few times). In that case, you could try using your most recent back-up TM (you do back them up, don't you?).

Best of luck.

Alan
Collapse

Valeria Ricciardi
Valeria Ricciardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:31
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problems with TM Sep 11, 2006

Thanks Alan

Unfortunately it can't be linked to Outlook since I'm using Thunderbird, not even Outlook Express.

I will anyway try to re-organize the TM and maybe rename it...and we'll see!

Thanks a lot for your support

Valeria

Alan Campbell wrote:

You mention e-mail - are you using Outlook by any chance? I had WF problems that were related to Outlook 2003; namely, that the backspace key did not work in e-mails and other strange behaviour. That was remedied by changing the default editor in Outlook from Word to -- I forgot, but to 'not Word' (I don't have Outlook installed where I am right now).

You do have different symptoms from those I describe so in all likelihood I have been of very little help. It is worth ensuring that you have the correct TM connected to WF in the settings, if you have not done so already. It may also be as simple as reorganising the TM. Or it could be that the TM has become corrupt (headers get chewed -- I've had it happen a few times). In that case, you could try using your most recent back-up TM (you do back them up, don't you?).

Best of luck.

Alan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with TM

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »