Mobile menu

WF and Word Revision Tools
Thread poster: Alan Campbell

Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:31
Russian to English
+ ...
Sep 20, 2006

I'm interested to learn how others deal with proofreading or having texts proofread when Wordfast is involved.

I'm sitting looking at a segmented text that I've been asked to proofread using the revision tool and am not sure of the best way to go about it.

I can hide the source text (Ctrl +,) and edit the target text with the revision tool activated. The translator can then go through the text accepting or rejecting the changes. Thereafter, can the translator switch off the revision tool and run it through a WF session to overwrite the target segments in the TM? Or will it create duplicate entries for the source segments with the two different target segments?

How do others deal with this?

Thanks
Alan

PS. I've posted this in the WF Yahoo Groups list also for maximum coverage.

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 23:31
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
I hate revision mode Sep 20, 2006

I never use it myself because the changes disturbe my reading. When I get such a document with revisions I accept them all, then use the compare documents feature and make changes in the revised text if needed.
You could switch off revision mode, save after revision and create a new document with the compare documents feature.
The next guy can accept or reject the changes and clean up the doc in order to update the TM.
Regards
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF and Word Revision Tools

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs