Mobile menu

WF and Word Revision Tools
Thread poster: Alan Campbell

Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:23
Russian to English
+ ...
Sep 20, 2006

I'm interested to learn how others deal with proofreading or having texts proofread when Wordfast is involved.

I'm sitting looking at a segmented text that I've been asked to proofread using the revision tool and am not sure of the best way to go about it.

I can hide the source text (Ctrl +,) and edit the target text with the revision tool activated. The translator can then go through the text accepting or rejecting the changes. Thereafter, can the translator switch off the revision tool and run it through a WF session to overwrite the target segments in the TM? Or will it create duplicate entries for the source segments with the two different target segments?

How do others deal with this?

PS. I've posted this in the WF Yahoo Groups list also for maximum coverage.

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:23
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
I hate revision mode Sep 20, 2006

I never use it myself because the changes disturbe my reading. When I get such a document with revisions I accept them all, then use the compare documents feature and make changes in the revised text if needed.
You could switch off revision mode, save after revision and create a new document with the compare documents feature.
The next guy can accept or reject the changes and clean up the doc in order to update the TM.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF and Word Revision Tools

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs