translated segment not showing
Thread poster: Eva Middleton
Eva Middleton
Eva Middleton  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:53
German to English
Oct 3, 2006

sorry if I don't use the correct WF terminology here - I have the latest version and have recently installed it on my new laptop, I use it on my desktop PC without any problems.

When I move on to a new segment, only the target part of the 'finished' segment is shown. I can go back into it and then it's all there again, but when I move on the source segment disappears.

I can't work out how to get it show both source and target parts. Sorry if the solution is blindingly o
... See more
sorry if I don't use the correct WF terminology here - I have the latest version and have recently installed it on my new laptop, I use it on my desktop PC without any problems.

When I move on to a new segment, only the target part of the 'finished' segment is shown. I can go back into it and then it's all there again, but when I move on the source segment disappears.

I can't work out how to get it show both source and target parts. Sorry if the solution is blindingly obvious....

PS - to add to this, on my laptop Wordfast also does not show the first letter I type in the target segment box, it doesn't do this with all documents (most though). Please help!

[Edited at 2006-10-03 18:37]
Collapse

ÇAĞDAŞ MANDALI
ÇAĞDAŞ MANDALI  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 08:53
English to Turkish
+ ...
MS Word Oct 3, 2006

I had the same situation with TRADOS, but mine was something about the settings of MS Word.

I selected "Preferences" from the "Tools" bar, and there, checked the "Hidden text" box. The "problem" stopped.

It maybe may apply to WF.

Eva Middleton
Eva Middleton  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:53
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS ÇAĞDAŞ! Oct 3, 2006

Thank you VERY MUCH! It worked!!

ÇAĞDAŞ MANDALI wrote:

I had the same situation with TRADOS, but mine was something about the settings of MS Word.

I selected "Preferences" from the "Tools" bar, and there, checked the "Hidden text" box. The "problem" stopped.

It maybe may apply to WF.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translated segment not showing

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »