https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/57580-activex_activation_with_wf_55.html

ActiveX activation with WF 5.5
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:48
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Oct 16, 2006

I use Word XP. Since I installed the newest Wordfast version 5.50d a few weeks ago (manual installation into Startup folder like always) I get a strange message, every time I open Word or when I close (shrink) Wordfast.

"This application is about to initialize ActiveX controls that might be unsafe. If you trust the source of this file select OK and the controls will be initialized using your present workspace settings".

At first I used to select OK, but after that I had
... See more
I use Word XP. Since I installed the newest Wordfast version 5.50d a few weeks ago (manual installation into Startup folder like always) I get a strange message, every time I open Word or when I close (shrink) Wordfast.

"This application is about to initialize ActiveX controls that might be unsafe. If you trust the source of this file select OK and the controls will be initialized using your present workspace settings".

At first I used to select OK, but after that I had a few crashes (never had Word crash before since I got my new machine and WinXP.)
Now I select Cancel, and everything is all right.

I just wonder what's wrong with these newer Wordfast versions. Since 5.0 there is strange behaviour every time when updating Wf. The last proper version was 5.0u or something. I still have this version and wonder if I should go back to it. The only change with 5.5 is that concordance search includes all TMs in the whole folder.

I think Wordfast developers should concentrate on essentials like better classification of matches and segmentation rules than programming all kind of fancy stuff we users have no need for.

Regards

Heinrich

[Bearbeitet am 2006-10-17 06:09]
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:48
Finnish to French
Check all options under "Trusted sources"! Oct 16, 2006

Did you install Wordfast as per the instructions, ie. checking *both* options under Tools > Macro > Security > Trusted sources? In fact, I'm not sure there are two options in Word 2002 (MS keeps adding stuff all the time), but just make sure whatever is there is checked. Also, let us know if you have an antivirus that integrates itself into Office.

HTH, Dominique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ActiveX activation with WF 5.5

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »