Mobile menu

Language Code for Classical Greek
Thread poster: Carmen Aleixo
Carmen Aleixo
French to Portuguese
Oct 26, 2006

I have tried to find a langauge code for Classical Greek of the Wordfast format AB-CD for making a TM but can only find a two code EL-01 for modern Greek and grc for Classical Greek which does not fit the pattern of language codes when making a TM. Could not seem to find it in the lisa and iso pages as well.
If someone could tell me the code I would be very grateful
David Hardisty (on behalf of a more classically aware student....)

Direct link Reply with quote

Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:36
English to Czech
Try EL-GC combination Oct 28, 2006

Carmen Aleixo wrote:

I .. can only find a two code EL-01 for modern Greek and grc for Classical Greek which does not fit the pattern of language codes when making a TM.

You can add anything for country code. Try combination EL-GC. There is no standard use what you want if it works.
-
In

http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php

are iso639-2 codes: grc, gre, ell.
-
I never use CS-01, but CS-CZ, never EL-01, but EL-GR.

Milan

[Edited at 2006-10-28 07:10]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language Code for Classical Greek

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs