Mobile menu

how to use trados text TM extract from Wordfast?
Thread poster: Uma Hariharan

Uma Hariharan
Local time: 14:38
French to English
+ ...
Oct 28, 2006

The client has given me a txt extract from TRADOS 7 in UTF-8 format. It has tags to identify the translation units. . How to convert this to Wordfast format?

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:08
Finnish to French
You need PlusTools or Olifant Oct 28, 2006

If you mean a TM in the "Trados TXT" format, you have two ways to transform it into a Wordfast TM:

1) Install and load PlusTools (available at and open your TM in Wordfast (with the Select TM button): the TM will automatically be converted into a Wordfast TM (the actual conversion being performed by PlusTools)

2) Use Olifant ( to open the Trados TXT TM and to save it as a Wordfast TM. If you want to keep the Unicode format, make sure you use UTF-16 (which is what Wordfast requires). This can be done via the Export menu in Olifant.

Uma Hariharan
Local time: 14:38
French to English
+ ...
It worked! Oct 28, 2006

Hi Dominique,

Thank you for your response. I installed Plus Tools and it worked perfectly when I reorganised the TM.

Your help was really very timely and I appreciate it very much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to use trados text TM extract from Wordfast?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs