https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/59332-urgent%3A_word_crashes_when_i_use_wordfast.html

URGENT: word crashes when I use wordfast
Thread poster: Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Nov 8, 2006

Hi,
Please help me, word crashes the moment I click the continue button on wordfast.
I'm in the middle of some work and it just doesn't start.
I use
Windows XP
Word 2000
and I have a licenced version of Wordfast and am using a very big TM.
Thanks and regards,
Ritu Bhanot

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:29
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
What is your version of Wf? Nov 8, 2006

I had crashes with 5.5 in some circumstances.
Cheers
Heinrich

Jan Szelepcsenyi, PhD
Jan Szelepcsenyi, PhD  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 01:29
German to Slovak
+ ...
Why Wordfast crashes Nov 8, 2006

[quote]Ritu Bhanot wrote:

Hi,
Please help me, word crashes the moment I click the continue button on wordfast.

Hi, Ritu,

Wordfast is mostly crashing the word editor, if your Microsoft Outlook uses Word as its editor. Solution: before using Wordfast you shoud close Microsoft Outlook. An other solution is to change the setup of the Microsoft Outlook without use of Word as e-mail editor.

Second reason can be conflicts of different templates used by Word with Wordfast, if you have installed some other CAT tools (TRADOS, MetaTexis) or another programs. The solution is quite simple: before starting your work with Wordfast go to Tools/Templates and Add-ins, where you get the list of currently loaded items. Uncheck all not used items and your Wordfast and Word should behave as expected.

Cheers,

Jan

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 02:29
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Try to cut a bit of the text... Nov 9, 2006

Hi Ritu,
It sometimes happens to me, too. I have solved it by 'cutting out' the next segment which is causing the problems. Then I usually manage to continue without crashing. You can translate this segment manually and then insert it later in the translation.

Good luck
Dinny

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Nov 9, 2006

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your help.
It's working now... I had to delete normal.dot and reload word and wordfast.
Any ideas what causes this thing? It was so inconvenient... more so as I was in the middle of an important project.
Thanks once again.
Regards,
Ritu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT: word crashes when I use wordfast

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »