Mobile menu

Thread poster: Manav Lubana
Manav Lubana
Local time: 19:56
Italian to Panjabi
+ ...
Dec 8, 2006

Hi I am planning to buy Wordfast. but do not know how to use or how it works. I have never worked with any CAT. Could any one let me know about it. and from where i should buy. what configuration is required for this software and how it works.

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hello Manavsingh Dec 8, 2006

FYI, I have moved the thread to Wordfast support forum.

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Requirements Dec 8, 2006

Hello Manavsingh,

To run Wordfast, you will need a PC with Microsoft Word on it. As far as I know, Wordfast should run with any version of Word (Office) from 97 to the latest available version.

Further information on how to use it and from where to buy it can be obtained from .

This is the official Wordfast page with tutorials and further instructions on how to proceed.

Kind regards,

French to Dutch
+ ...
Trial version Dec 8, 2006

Just download the trial version and begin reading the first pages of the small manual. Don't try to understand everything, just translate a scratch document, sentence by sentence. In about two hours you will understand how it works. Later on you can try other functions, but in the beginning the most important thing is to translate properly and to clean up the file.

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
Multiplatform software Dec 9, 2006

Sonja Tomaskovic wrote:

To run Wordfast, you will need a PC with Microsoft Word on it.

A PC isn't required. I'm running the demo version of Wordfast on my Mac PowerBook under MacOS 10.2. No problems so far (though I don't use it much; I'm more of a Trados person).

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:56
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Read the manual and join a WF user group at Yahoo Dec 9, 2006

Wordfast runs as a dot-file within Word (Visual Basic). You can try it out for free (even use it restrictedly forever).
For all CAT software you can load evaluation versions and training software into your computer prior to buying.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs