Plus Tools : extracted texts are saved in alphabetical order !
Thread poster: nordiste
nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:01
English to French
+ ...
Jan 18, 2007

I have 2 files from a former translation (EN and FR, txt format), so I tried to align them with PlusTools to populate a new TM.
The problem is, the extracted target and source files are sorted by alphabetical order, which of course doesn't make sense at all.
I cannot figure out where to find a setting option or something to avoid this.

I've seen a Trados demo, where the align feature more or less rebuilts a bilingual text segment by segment. Does WF works the same wa
... See more
I have 2 files from a former translation (EN and FR, txt format), so I tried to align them with PlusTools to populate a new TM.
The problem is, the extracted target and source files are sorted by alphabetical order, which of course doesn't make sense at all.
I cannot figure out where to find a setting option or something to avoid this.

I've seen a Trados demo, where the align feature more or less rebuilts a bilingual text segment by segment. Does WF works the same way ?

[Edited at 2007-01-18 16:23]

[Edited at 2007-01-18 16:24]
Collapse

Miranda Joubioux (X)
Miranda Joubioux (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
Which version? Jan 18, 2007

Hi Nordiste
Which version of Plus Tools are you using. The current version is 4.16e which can be downloaded from www.wordfast.net

Aligning is a reasonably simple task, the only reason I can think that you have managed to get an alphabetical align is that somewhere in your table options you have set the order to alphabetical.

This feature uses the standard Word table. Check your op
... See more
Hi Nordiste
Which version of Plus Tools are you using. The current version is 4.16e which can be downloaded from www.wordfast.net

Aligning is a reasonably simple task, the only reason I can think that you have managed to get an alphabetical align is that somewhere in your table options you have set the order to alphabetical.

This feature uses the standard Word table. Check your options.
Collapse

nordiste
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Version 4.16 Jan 18, 2007

I am not sure to undestand what "table option " to check in Word , and where.

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
Demo of using +Align in PlusTools Jan 18, 2007

nordiste wrote:

I am not sure to undestand what "table option " to check in Word , and where.

http://www.condak.net/lekce/align/en/00.html

Milan

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Extract using Wordfast, not PlusTools Jan 19, 2007

nordiste wrote:

If you extract terminology using PlusTools, it'll be in alphabetical order. To use PlusTools' align feature, the segments must be extracted using Wordfast's Extract feature.

So, first use Wordfast to extract the source text segments to a file named Extract.txt (rename it to source_Extract.txt or similar), then do the same with the target text. Then open those two Extract.txt files in MS Word, then go to PlusTools, and do the align.

nordiste
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Extract in WF and Align in PlusTools Jan 19, 2007

Thank you all , with a special mention to Samuel ! I was not aware of the Extract feature in Wordfast.

Everything is fine now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plus Tools : extracted texts are saved in alphabetical order !

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »