Thread poster: Angela&Claudio

Angela&Claudio
Italy
Local time: 10:56
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 8, 2007

Hello,
Does anybody know why the fuzzy threshold setting may be "stuck"? I keep trying to change it but it won't, it is always at 75; and I definitely need it lower.
I've tried reorganising the TM and it won't help.
What am I missing here?
Thank you for any help!!

Direct link Reply with quote

interpres_inde
Local time: 14:26
French to English
This way... Feb 8, 2007

Hi Angela,

Go to Setup>General>Fuzzy threshold...click on this last and change the value from 75 to what you like. Values can range from 50-99%. Hope it helps.

Angela&Claudio
Italy
Local time: 10:56
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 8, 2007

You know what I was trying to do? I was trying to set it to 45. That's why it wouldn't work.
But really... I am convinced that I have done it before (40 or 45) and it was working then... Is it possible? Is it Trados? Am I just too tired and I'm going crazy?
Thank you...

interpres_inde
Local time: 14:26
French to English
ProposeSubFuzzy Feb 8, 2007

You can try adding this command to the Pandora's Box. I am quoting from the manual and it says...

"With this command, Wordfast will propose TUs with a match percentage (analogy rate) below the fuzzy threshold, but equal to or above 50."

I haven't tried it but I hope it will work. Sorry, but I haven't found a way to set it below 50.

[Edited at 2007-02-08 14:25]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setting fuzzy threshold

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs