Mobile menu

how to translate ttx. files using WordFast
Thread poster: Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD

Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:42
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 17, 2007

I've downloaded TTXpress and converted ttx.
files into rtf.
I'd like to translate these rtf files using WordFast. But WordFast attempts to translate tags. Could anyone help me please ? Maybe someone faced the same problem and found a way out.



[Edited at 2007-02-17 09:58]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jing Nie
China
Local time: 03:42
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Delete all tags Feb 17, 2007

You may delete all tags in the RTF file, then translate them using WF. But it can not be converted back into TTX file.I remember that all tags are in "Courier New"font, you may search and delete all characters in "Courier New"font in MS WORD.

Your client may create a TM from the uncleaned word file. Then using the TM to translate the TTX file.


Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD wrote:

I've downloaded TTXpress and converted ttx.
files into rtf.
I'd like to translate these rtf files using WordFast. But WordFast attempts to translate tegs. Could anyone help me please ? Maybe someone faced the same problem and found a way out.




[Edited at 2007-02-17 01:26]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:42
English to Czech
Wordfast forum Feb 17, 2007

Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD wrote:

Maybe someone faced the same problem and found a way out.


You can search Wordfast forum through Opensubscriber:

http://www.opensubscriber.com/search?q=TTX&c=161

Here are 54 mails to TTX topic.

Milan


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:42
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I need RTF files converted back into TTX files Feb 17, 2007

NieJing wrote:

You may delete all tags in the RTF file, then translate them using WF. But it can not be converted back into TTX file.




The thing is that I need RTF files converted back into TTX files.
Any more variants?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jing Nie
China
Local time: 03:42
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Maybe a Trados demo version is enough Feb 17, 2007

I just search the Proz forum, and found this. Maybe it is helpful.

http://hun.proz.com/topic/54346

Sonja mentioned a CAT tool called XLIFF Editor ( www.heartsome.net ) that handles TagEditor files. Heartsome offers trial versions of all their tools.


But I think if the ttx file is not too long, you may use a demo version of trados , and translate the ttx file directly in the trados.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Have you marked the tags with tw4winExternal? Feb 18, 2007

Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD wrote:
I've downloaded TTXpress and converted ttx files into rtf. I'd like to translate these rtf files using WordFast. But WordFast attempts to translate tags.


It's been a while since I used TTXpress, but it sounds to me like the RTF created by TTXpress doesn't have tw4win styles in it. You would need to mark the tags as tw4winExternal or tw4winInternal before starting the translation with Wordfast. See the appendixes of the Wordfast manual about how to do that (a quick read of the Tortoise Tagger user manual might also be enlightening).


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:42
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The Tags have tw4winExternal style Feb 18, 2007

Samuel Murray wrote:
It's been a while since I used TTXpress, but it sounds to me like the RTF created by TTXpress doesn't have tw4win styles in it. You would need to mark the tags as tw4winExternal or tw4winInternal before starting the translation with Wordfast.


The Tags have tw4winExternal style. Please have a look at
my printscreen uploaded at http://rapidshare.com/files/17083801/__________.GIF.html

[Edited at 2007-02-18 17:33]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Those red tags are internal tags and part of the sentence Feb 18, 2007

Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD wrote:

Samuel Murray wrote:
It's been a while since I used TTXpress, but it sounds to me like the RTF created by TTXpress doesn't have tw4win styles in it. You would need to mark the tags as tw4winExternal or tw4winInternal before starting the translation with Wordfast.


The Tags have tw4winExternal style. Please have a look at
my printscreen uploaded at http://rapidshare.com/files/17083801/__________.GIF.html

[Edited at 2007-02-18 17:33]


Hi, Vadzim,

Those red tags are "internal tags". You have to place them in the right position in your sentence (which might not be the same as English).

It is a normal situation when translating this type of files.

I don't have the Wordfast manual at hand but have a look at it. I'm sure there is a clear explanation about internal tags.

Daniel


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to translate ttx. files using WordFast

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs