https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/68728-adding_pages_upon_expand_segment_command.html

Adding pages upon "expand segment" command
Thread poster: VIVA VOCE Ltd.
VIVA VOCE Ltd.
VIVA VOCE Ltd.  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 13:01
English to Croatian
+ ...
Mar 20, 2007

I'm still working on the file converted from pdf to doc.

I've tried to expand a segment today but all the program did was keep adding empty pages to the document instead of executing the "expand segment" command. As I tried to delete inserted pages, I wasn't able to because this was market as "protected text".

Could you please advise me how to get my document in order? Thank you.

[Edited at 2007-03-20 09:48]

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:01
Member (2006)
French to English
paragraph marks! Mar 20, 2007

Hello,

You can't expand segments beyond paragraph marks. This is the usual problem when dealing with PDF files.

I'm not sure if this is your problem. If not, I don't see why it would add pages unless the shortcut keys you use have been changed to add a new page.

Good luck,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding pages upon "expand segment" command

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »