https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/69982-problems_converting_wordfast_tm_to_tmx_format.html

Problems converting Wordfast TM to TMX format
Thread poster: Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Apr 5, 2007

Hi,

I've been working on this translation project and after every job I have to send the TM to the client in .tmx format. I've already sent this TM to the client after a previous job. But yesterday when I tried to reconvert it to TMX (as I'd used the same TM for another job). It didn't work.

I'm not sure what went wrong. I selected the TM to be converted. Removed all other TMs that I was using BTM and VLTM. As always, I went to TM Editor> Tools>Filter>Export TM
... See more
Hi,

I've been working on this translation project and after every job I have to send the TM to the client in .tmx format. I've already sent this TM to the client after a previous job. But yesterday when I tried to reconvert it to TMX (as I'd used the same TM for another job). It didn't work.

I'm not sure what went wrong. I selected the TM to be converted. Removed all other TMs that I was using BTM and VLTM. As always, I went to TM Editor> Tools>Filter>Export TM as TMX and waited.

It started working, went to 100% but stopped there. Nothing. I had chosen to replace the earlier existing .tmx file (as there were some new TUs in this TM). And the new tmx document was still 0 KB, guess it means that the TM was not completely exported.

I don't know what is it that I'm doing wrong.

I've already tried copy-pasting the TM at another location so that it is in workable condition. But this does not help.

Is there anyone who has faced this problem? If so, what's the solution?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Ritu Bhanot
Collapse

Wilmer Brouwer
Wilmer Brouwer
Netherlands
Local time: 06:13
English to Dutch
+ ...
try Olifant Apr 5, 2007

Most Wordfast users use the free program called Olifant because it does converting very easily. Do a google search for olifant and enlaso tools and you'll find it.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:13
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Also mentioned on the Yahoogroup Apr 5, 2007

Ritu Bhanot wrote:
But yesterday when I tried to reconvert it to TMX (as I'd used the same TM for another job). It didn't work.

This appears to be a problem with the current version of Wordfast (see also posts on the Wordfast Yahoogroup). But if you join the Yahoogroup, and you go to the group's web site, and go to "Files" you can download a little program called WF2TMX which converts back and forth between WF TMs and TMXes seamlessly. Very useful.

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Apr 5, 2007

Thank you Wilmer and Samuel. I'll try to use the methods suggested by you.
Best regards,
Ritu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems converting Wordfast TM to TMX format

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »