Mihail Mateev
Mihail Mateev
Bulgaria
Local time: 02:41
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Apr 9, 2007

I am with WF 5.51j for PC, MS Office 2003, Windows SP2

When I translate, I have to type the first letter always twice in order to have one letter typed.

The problem appears recently, but I do not remember to have installed something wchich to impact this behavior.

So if I have to type in the target segmet the word SEA, I have to type SSEA - after the first letter thr cursor appers in the target segment and only then the actual typing appears.

A
... See more
I am with WF 5.51j for PC, MS Office 2003, Windows SP2

When I translate, I have to type the first letter always twice in order to have one letter typed.

The problem appears recently, but I do not remember to have installed something wchich to impact this behavior.

So if I have to type in the target segmet the word SEA, I have to type SSEA - after the first letter thr cursor appers in the target segment and only then the actual typing appears.

Any ideas?
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:41
Member (2006)
French to English
PB command Apr 9, 2007

Hello Mihail,
This question has been asked several times on the Wordfast yahoo group. I recommend signing up and running a search through past messages when you have problems you can't resolve on your own with the manual: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast

As to your problem...
There are three PB commands to fix it:
FirstKeyControl
First_KeyEscape
Fir
... See more
Hello Mihail,
This question has been asked several times on the Wordfast yahoo group. I recommend signing up and running a search through past messages when you have problems you can't resolve on your own with the manual: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast

As to your problem...
There are three PB commands to fix it:
FirstKeyControl
First_KeyEscape
First_KeyShift
Activate the first one. If the problem persists, try the second and so on.

This is explained on page 52 of the manual:
With some versions of Ms-Word 2003 VBA, the very first character typed after a segment opens is "mute". Enable any of these commands (only one at a time), starting with the first one, to cure the problem. They simulate the press of a "mute" key to work around the problem.

Good luck!

John Di Rico
Collapse

Mihail Mateev
Mihail Mateev
Bulgaria
Local time: 02:41
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
First command in PB one solved the problem Apr 9, 2007

FirstKeyControl solved the issue.

Thank you for your support - I am in a hurry with translation... therefore I asked here.

Thank you once more!

Best regards,
Mihail

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

First letter ommited when I type in the target segment

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »