https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/70458-a_provisional_segment_bookmark_is_still_present.html

A provisional segment bookmark is still present
Thread poster: Mira Stepanovic
Mira Stepanovic
Mira Stepanovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 07:37
English to Serbian
+ ...
Apr 12, 2007

I've double checked and there is not a single provisional segment in a document that I have just finished translating. I need to deliver the translation and I do not know how to solve this problem. Wordfast won't clean it, any suggestions, please. Thank you in advance.

Mira

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Press F10 with no segments open. Apr 12, 2007

Try this! It will open any remaining provisional segments. If one pops up, press alt+end and F10 again, etc. until a message pops up telling you that there are no more provisional segments.
Hope it works.

John

Mira Stepanovic
Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 12, 2007

I guess I panicked (deadline, ahhh!), so I used the source file and the existing TM to make a new target file and it worked. Fortunately the text was only some 20 pages so it did not take long. However, thank you very much John, I will certainly use your strategy the next time I encounter the same problem.

Mira

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Be careful! Apr 12, 2007

Hello Mira,

Provisional segments haven't been entered into your TM! I would double check your final document.

Good luck,
John

Mira Stepanovic
Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm still checking Apr 12, 2007

Thanks again John, I've managed to clean the file in order apply the spell check and there is still enough time left to go through it again.

Mira

Mollie Milesi
Mollie Milesi  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:37
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Thank you, John! Nov 4, 2008

I have just had the same problem and used your F10 method. It worked and saved me from a major panic attack. Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A provisional segment bookmark is still present

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »