Thread poster: mariechris
mariechris
mariechris  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:40
Portuguese to French
+ ...
Apr 17, 2007

Bonjour,

J'utilise Wordfast pour la première fois et je voudrais traduire 2 phrases en une. Comme Wordfast prend les phrases 1 à 1, comment puis-je avoir les 2 dans le même segment? J'ai esayé avec l'icône "expand", mais rien ne se passe...
Merci pour votre aide!

Mihaela BUFNILA
Mihaela BUFNILA  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 18:40
English to Romanian
+ ...
Il devrait se passer... Apr 17, 2007

...à condition qu’il n’y ait un ENTER entre les deux propositions. S’il y a, essayez de l’annuler et ensuite allongez de nouveau. J’espère que ça va.

mariechris
Portuguese to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
non, il n'y a pas ENTER Apr 17, 2007

Mihaela BUFNILA wrote:

...à condition qu’il n’y ait un ENTER entre les deux propositions. S’il y a, essayez de l’annuler et ensuite allongez de nouveau. J’espère que ça va.

Non, il n'y a pas ENTER entre les 2 phrases. Je suis désespéree car apparemment, cet icône "expand" ne fonctionne pas du tout (j'ai essayé à plusieurs endroits). Où faut-il mettre le curseur et à quel moment faut-il cliquer sur l'icône?

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 17:40
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Force segment Apr 17, 2007

Essaie de sélectionner le texte qui doit former le segment et utilise la commande Force segment. Ca devrait marcher.

mariechris
Portuguese to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ça marche! Apr 17, 2007

Super, ça a effectivement marché en sélectionnant les 2 phrases et en forçant la segmentation! Mille fois merci!

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
How to use force segment as you work? Apr 18, 2007

I thought Dan's solution might be the answer to my problem as I'm currently translating a file I've converted from pdf and often end up with the sentences split in strange ways. However, if you only realise that the sentence is split when you start a segment, how can you use force segment then? I have tried, but it messes up the delimiters or tells me it can't use text within a segment....

Many thanks

Claire

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 17:40
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Ctrl+Del Apr 18, 2007

Hi Claire,

You need to restore the source segment before using the Force Segment command. To do this, press Ctrl+Del when your segment is open. The source text will be restored and the segment will be closed. Now you can select the text and use Force Segment (Shift+Alt+Down). This command deletes any separators inside the selection.

I hope this works,
Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

allonger un segment

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »