English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Apr 28, 2007

MS Office 2003
Wordfast 5.51j

--------
I have this problem:

Sometimes, but quite often this happens:

when I go to the next sentence to translate, suddenly instead of next source sentence, I receive a whole paragraph in the source window, which contains both source and target segments in itself. And I am prompted to "translate" it.

I go back, with alt+upper arrow, but then the paragraph becomes segmented thus
... See more
MS Office 2003
Wordfast 5.51j

--------
I have this problem:

Sometimes, but quite often this happens:

when I go to the next sentence to translate, suddenly instead of next source sentence, I receive a whole paragraph in the source window, which contains both source and target segments in itself. And I am prompted to "translate" it.

I go back, with alt+upper arrow, but then the paragraph becomes segmented thus:

Source segment contains "Source1.Target1" and I am propted to translate it. I just cut the Target1 and paste it at target window.

Thus I manage to go around the problem, but I do not sove it. I am wasting time on this.

Do you have a solution?
Collapse

Andrea Erdmann
Andrea Erdmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:47
French to German
+ ...
same problem Apr 28, 2007

I had the same problem twice, and hve no answer yet how to avoid this (while proofreading, suddenly I had this phenomenon in the whole document!). Just to tell you that apparently, this problem is not a one-time-problem. I'm also curious for the answers.

Terejimenez
Terejimenez  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Help needed with segmentation May 5, 2007

Dear colleagues,

This is a sample of a paragraph from a large file (a pdf converted to .doc)

"When hot, add green onions and red bell peppers, sauteing for 1 minute. Add corn, chopped carrots, and zucchini. Add water, 1/2 tsp chili powder, oregano, cumin, and 1/2 tsp salt-free herb seasoning blend. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, covering for the last 2 to 3 minutes."

I need to pre-translate the file with a TM, which contains words such as "red bell peppers" "sautein
... See more
Dear colleagues,

This is a sample of a paragraph from a large file (a pdf converted to .doc)

"When hot, add green onions and red bell peppers, sauteing for 1 minute. Add corn, chopped carrots, and zucchini. Add water, 1/2 tsp chili powder, oregano, cumin, and 1/2 tsp salt-free herb seasoning blend. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, covering for the last 2 to 3 minutes."

I need to pre-translate the file with a TM, which contains words such as "red bell peppers" "sauteing" "cumin". I set a 30% percentage for matches but have been unable to pretranslate the file. When trying to pretranslate the file, there are no matches at all. I think the problem is with segmentation and do not know how to change the segmentation.

Thank you very much for your inputs.

Tere
Collapse

Mihail Mateev
Mihail Mateev
Bulgaria
Local time: 02:47
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Post your request as a new thread May 5, 2007

You should post this request under a new thread, as your question is not related to the tpic of this thread.

As for your problem, I would say I do not use pretranslate function.

Are you sure, that in this so converted from PDF file Doc file does not contain a carriage return on every end of the line, and not just on the end of each paragraph? Carriage return is as to click eNTER on every end of the text.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segmentation problem

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »