V&M Stanković
V&M Stanković  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 13:59
English to Serbian
+ ...
May 2, 2007

Hi!

I have two MSWord files: source text and its translation. Translation was made without any CAT tool, but I would like to have a WordFast translation memory for this. Is it possible to create now TM on the basis of these two files?

Thanks in advance,

Vesna

Enote
Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:59
English to Russian
Of course May 2, 2007

1. You can open source file with Wordfast and then open first segment, copy translation from translated file, open second segment and so on.
It's not easy, but totally under your control and really fool-proof.
2. You can also try +Align utility from Wordfast PlusTools, but cross your fingers...

Miranda Joubioux (X)
Miranda Joubioux (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
Yes it is - Plus Tools will do the trick May 2, 2007

You will need to download Plus Tools (free) from www.wordfast.net to do this.
Once installed following the procedures outlined in the accompanying text document, you should use the align feature. It's very simple to use.

Cheers
Miranda

V&M Stanković
V&M Stanković  Identity Verified
Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 2, 2007

Yes, I forgot PlusTools, and it works. Thank you both Enote and Miranda!

Vesna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM creation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »