Wordfast pirated or infected? - after disappearing.
Thread poster: Yoanna
Yoanna
Yoanna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:26
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 5, 2007

Hi, I just received 2 documents instead of 1 from a client and one of them [unicode, odd marks instead of letters, don't know why...] caused my Wordfast somehow to disappear. Well I tried installing it [I own a license] and the system said "Wordfast succesfully installed" but then it wasn't, the "F" disappeared right away and when I did manage to click on it once, I received a message:

"Wordfast is pirated or infected! Contact your hotline."

What??

I don't
... See more
Hi, I just received 2 documents instead of 1 from a client and one of them [unicode, odd marks instead of letters, don't know why...] caused my Wordfast somehow to disappear. Well I tried installing it [I own a license] and the system said "Wordfast succesfully installed" but then it wasn't, the "F" disappeared right away and when I did manage to click on it once, I received a message:

"Wordfast is pirated or infected! Contact your hotline."

What??

I don't know what to do. Their hotline takes 2 days, on the proz forum the keyword "pirated" shows only posts from people tring to deinstall Wordfast, but how can I save mine?

I need help, and fast
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:26
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Install manually Jun 5, 2007

At least, Word 2003 does change somehow wordfast.dot. Do not install it via opening in Word, but just copy it into your Word startup directory. Obviously, you'll have to re-enter your license number.

Yoanna
United States
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still nothing... Jun 5, 2007

Thanks, I just downoaded it again, copied where necessary [after extracting], checked all my Macro setting in Word but still... WF claims "Successfully installed" but no WF toolbar is to be found. Yes, it is in the Word Startup menu. I am helpless I did everything the website said...

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:26
English to Czech
Check the following Word settings Jun 5, 2007

Launch MS Word and go to Tools > Templates and Addins menu. Is Wordfast listed? If it's not, it's not installed. If it is, make sure it's checked. When Wordfast is installed, go to View > Toolbars menu in Word and make sure Wordfast is checked.

Yoanna
United States
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Jun 5, 2007

David I owe you a beer

Sonia Hill
Sonia Hill
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:26
Italian to English
Thanks! Nov 20, 2009

David Daduc wrote:

Launch MS Word and go to Tools > Templates and Addins menu. Is Wordfast listed? If it's not, it's not installed. If it is, make sure it's checked. When Wordfast is installed, go to View > Toolbars menu in Word and make sure Wordfast is checked.

David, I owe you a beer too. I've been at my wits end this morning as Wordfast just suddenly disappeared. Your tip has worked

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast pirated or infected? - after disappearing.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »