Nathalie Elson  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:05
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Jun 13, 2007

Hi,

Wordfast is the only CAT tool I use and I don't know much about Trados. A potential client has asked me if I can use an online Trados TM. Is this possible? Or would the format be wrong?

Thanks for your help on this one.

Nath

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Trados TMs are encrypted Jun 13, 2007

Hi Nathalie,

Wordfast itself can work with online TMs, so it's not so much a technological problem. The real problem is that Trados TMs are natively encrypted in a way that no competitor can work with them. It's just a guess, but I'm quite sure Trados/SDLX is the only program that can cope with online Trados/SDLX TMs.

Regards,
Gerard

Nathalie Elson
Nathalie Elson  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 14, 2007

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your explanation, I thought it wouldn't be that easy. I've also asked the Wordfast hotline, so if they come up with a solution, I'll post here.

Best regards,

Nath

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast : Use of online Trados TM

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »