https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/75706-is_wordfast_incompatible_with_european_portuguese_not_brasilian_portuguese_as_target_language.html

Is Wordfast incompatible with European Portuguese (not Brasilian Portuguese) as target language?
Thread poster: Antonio Juan Bueno Sebastián
Antonio Juan Bueno Sebastián
Antonio Juan Bueno Sebastián  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:57
Member (2006)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 17, 2007

I have created an ES (Spanish) > PT (Portuguese) Translation Memory and I have seen that Wordfast does not have the Portuguese/Brasilian Portuguese option.

In fact, anytime I press Alt + down arrow, the target segments switch into Brasilian Portuguese. However, my "virtual keyboard" is in European Portuguese.
Is Wordfast incompatible with European Portuguese in its source language TUs?

Can anyone give me a helping hand? Alguém pode ajudar?

[Editado a las
... See more
I have created an ES (Spanish) > PT (Portuguese) Translation Memory and I have seen that Wordfast does not have the Portuguese/Brasilian Portuguese option.

In fact, anytime I press Alt + down arrow, the target segments switch into Brasilian Portuguese. However, my "virtual keyboard" is in European Portuguese.
Is Wordfast incompatible with European Portuguese in its source language TUs?

Can anyone give me a helping hand? Alguém pode ajudar?

[Editado a las 2007-06-17 18:57]
Collapse

Antonio Juan Bueno Sebastián
Antonio Juan Bueno Sebastián  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:57
Member (2006)
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I´ve just found out! Jun 17, 2007

I found in the thick Wordfast Manual that you can choose between Brasilian Portuguese and European Portuguese ("PT-PT"). That simple!

[Editado a las 2007-06-17 19:30]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is Wordfast incompatible with European Portuguese (not Brasilian Portuguese) as target language?

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »