New computer, WF not opening TM over 500TU's even with license #
Thread poster: Yoanna

Yoanna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:31
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 14, 2007

I just started working on another computer during summertime and had to install Wordfast on it. I took the WF from my other computer and started to work, but the program told me my TM is too big [over 500] and I had to purchase a license. Of course I do have a license. So I entered the license number into the appropriate box but it still doesn't work. I noticed the install number next to the license number doesn't match mine, but I cannot erase it or change it. Maybe that's why it doesn't work? I also tried to 'reorganise' the TM as suggested but no luck. Do I need to uninstall WF now?

Direct link Reply with quote

United States
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think... Jul 14, 2007

I just fixed it. Correct me if I'm wrong. There was a new install number that I could not erase, that appeared on this new computer. After I applied for a new license number on the WF website, I just put in the new install number that appeared. And it seems to work. So: new computer -> automatic new install number?

In case this helps anyone...

David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:31
English to Czech
Yes, that's it. Jul 14, 2007

There was a new install number that I could not erase, that appeared on this new computer.

You can never delete or edit the install number. It’s the identification of Wordfast’s installation on a particular computer.

After I applied for a new license number on the WF website, I just put in the new install number that appeared. And it seems to work.

Yes, that’s quite correct.

So: new computer -> automatic new install number?

Yes, precisely.

United States
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 14, 2007

Again

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New computer, WF not opening TM over 500TU's even with license #

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs